Tatler March 2019 : Eva Herzigova by Simon Emmett

I wish this had the right amount of 'tongue-in-the-cheek' quirk to set it apart from a Russian Tatler cover. It doesn't, sadly. Eva looks like a guest star on Father Brown. Can be filed next to last month's cover and the Helena one.

I'll still get this though. 'Is Megan Markle the new Wallis Simpson?' Yes!!!!

Tatler's having a moment, and I'm right there with it. Grown-up glamour alongside scandal and fun.

Credit: Fashion Gone Rogue (fashiongonerogue.com)

COVER STORY
"ALL ABOUT EVA"

Photographer: Simon Emmett
Stylist: Sophie Pera
Hair: Mark Francome-Painter
Make-up: Terry Barber

Model: Eva Herzigova

Credit: Fashion Gone Rogue (fashiongonerogue.com)

I have my subscription copy - and I've also seen this out on the newsstand. It comes with a Cosmetic Surgery Guide, which Tatler has been compiling on a regular basis for a good few years.

The main issue is 174 pgs, but Tatler never was a magazine greatly affected by the March-September tide of adverts, it's traditionally always been a certain (smaller) size, regardless of the month.

Nice, clean, glossy cover shot of Eva, which wouldn't look out of place on the front of this magazine at any point over the past three decades, I think.

The gatefold ad inside the front cover is Vuitton, and there's also 2 pg Dior, Michael Kors, Ralph Lauren, Miu Miu, Armani, Gucci and Prada, and 4 pg Fendi and Chanel. Back page ad is Dolce & Gabbana.

The cover mention of Wallis Simpson is a vague advert related to a new book coming out about her in March; if someone can shoehorn the words "Meghan Markle" into an article, they will.

There's a recollection by designer Harris Reed on how they first got into fashion, Grace Han and her handbags, Beatrice Vincenzini at home, the Eva cover story, which is quite generous in length, then a look at the nation's duchesses, tales from the Chateau Marmont as it turns 90, some person who has pissed off Vladimir Putin (Tatler's nod to a Vanity Fair type of content), a look at Dior and "the heady days of 1947 when one man changed the face of fashion", flowing through to Dior in all its forms since then, as modelled by Anna Cleveland.

And then you move forward to the beauty section AND THERE'S JOHN GALLIANO IN A BATH. He's talking about his new fragrance for Maison Margiela.

There are also two fashion editorials, if they don't get posted in the next day or so, I'll try to sort something out.

Overall, a lively little issue, and it all feels sophisticated. Elle and Vogue can often feel like they're trying to speak to impressionable people just out of their teens, whereas Tatler probably has an older readership, so even when it's being silly, there's still as assumed level of knowledge.

Look like ERW on the cover

I have my subscription copy - and I've also seen this out on the newsstand. It comes with a Cosmetic Surgery Guide, which Tatler has been compiling on a regular basis for a good few years.

The main issue is 174 pgs, but Tatler never was a magazine greatly affected by the March-September tide of adverts, it's traditionally always been a certain (smaller) size, regardless of the month.

Nice, clean, glossy cover shot of Eva, which wouldn't look out of place on the front of this magazine at any point over the past three decades, I think.

The gatefold ad inside the front cover is Vuitton, and there's also 2 pg Dior, Michael Kors, Ralph Lauren, Miu Miu, Armani, Gucci and Prada, and 4 pg Fendi and Chanel. Back page ad is Dolce & Gabbana.

The cover mention of Wallis Simpson is a vague advert related to a new book coming out about her in March; if someone can shoehorn the words "Meghan Markle" into an article, they will.

There's a recollection by designer Harris Reed on how they first got into fashion, Grace Han and her handbags, Beatrice Vincenzini at home, the Eva cover story, which is quite generous in length, then a look at the nation's duchesses, tales from the Chateau Marmont as it turns 90, some person who has pissed off Vladimir Putin (Tatler's nod to a Vanity Fair type of content), a look at Dior and "the heady days of 1947 when one man changed the face of fashion", flowing through to Dior in all its forms since then, as modelled by Anna Cleveland.

And then you move forward to the beauty section AND THERE'S JOHN GALLIANO IN A BATH. He's talking about his new fragrance for Maison Margiela.

There are also two fashion editorials, if they don't get posted in the next day or so, I'll try to sort something out.

Overall, a lively little issue, and it all feels sophisticated. Elle and Vogue can often feel like they're trying to speak to impressionable people just out of their teens, whereas Tatler probably has an older readership, so even when it's being silly, there's still as assumed level of knowledge.

Thanks for the thorough review, Tigerrouge!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->