Tatler November 2020 : Meghan Markle

:lol::lol::lol: So Melania gave them an exclusive but instead they chose to put a reprint of Meghan on the cover? Imagine the poor press assistant who must take this hard copy to the Trump couple (we already know they care a lot about magazine covers).

I have to say this is a stunning cover for them! Tatler is usually about glossy glamour, but this cover seems very natural, mysterious and of course vintage. Dennen takes one shot at the 70s and it's a winner, Alt does it for a living and it's hit or miss. Justice!

And I'd like to know when they do these polls.....

The fact they actually talked to Melania says it all, doesn't it? Trash..

And they can keep their official poll about what Brits think of Meghan as well, we all know that's just going to be more bad-mouthing her and I am beyond tired of that.

I like the way the chosen shot makes her look pensive, almost sad. Otherwise, it's just clickbait in magazine form, which is one of the ways publications survive at the moment. Is that any better or worse than a title with a self-promoting editor full of dull content?

I intensely dislike the idea of ‘High quality’ magazines putting people on the cover who didn’t want to be there. Using paparazzi shots or whatever and trying to pass them off as a genuine shot for them.

You can guarantee things like this fuel the stupid perception the general public have of her. It’s very unlikely the average consumer will register it isn’t shot for them and no doubt roll their eyes at her arriving on another magazine cover.

It really irritates me when people refer to her as Meghan Markle.
Her name and title is Meghan, The Duchess of Sussex.
Say it with your chest.

She lives rent-free in these people’s heads. :lol:

Also, yikes at that Eva Brau-*ahem* I mean Melania interview. Tells you everything you need to know about Tatler.

It really irritates me when people refer to her as Meghan Markle.
Her name and title is Meghan, The Duchess of Sussex.

Also titled as Princess Henry, but that just isn't as glamorous as 'Duchess' in the minds of most people. Just ask Fergie... any of the Fergies.

Also titled as Princess Henry, but that just isn't as glamorous as 'Duchess' in the minds of most people. Just ask Fergie... any of the Fergies.

LOL.

I thought they gave up their titles? I know it's only HRH, but still. Why bother going the extra mile when the public will likely react better to 'Meghan'?
Anyway, many including myself still refer to the Duchess of Cambridge as Kate or Catherine, same applies to Camilla, Fergie etc. It's mostly television interviewers who sing off the formal title.

Looking at the coverlines, it's like this entire issue has the unspoken theme of "names who aren't well-liked, whether past or present".

Megsy certainly wont be mad about a bit of extra attention.

I don’t really get comments like this.

Do you know her personally? Just because you seem very confident in knowing how a total stranger would feel about something, so I presume you’re good friends with her.

Yes, I imagine nobody here knows her personally, so nobody here should be taking it personally either.

To be successful as a celebrity, you need to engender something in the public that makes them react to you on an emotional level - e.g. with disproportionate and irrational dislike or by making people want to run to your rescue. A really successful celebrity is aware of this and knows how to use it, even the negative energy (the Kim Kardashian masterclass).

If some people are loving Meghan and some are hating her - probably both those interpretations are not merited by who she is in reality, but for her as a public figure, all bases are being covered.

I have nothing against her, but there is rumors floating around about the fact that she's social-climbed her whole way from C list Hollywood to British royalty then back to A list Hollywood.

Tatler November 2020

The New Victorian

Photographer: Oli Kearon
Stylist: Sophie Pera
Hair: Oskar Pera
Makeup: Pablo Rodriguez
Cast: Georgia Howorth

Tatler Digital Edition

To run with Meghan on the cover representing the contents of this issue is absolute rubbish - they might as well have reprinted a Daily Mail survey over two pages for all the worth that's contained in the feature. Not to mention I'm sick of the entire drama, none of the people involved on either side of the Atlantic have much in common with reality at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->