Teashades aka "John Lennon glasses"

Ryan Riverz

Reaction score
I've always been intrigued by teashades, probably because a lot of my favorite musicians wore them. Mostly bands and musicians from the 60s like John Lennon, Mick Jagger, Roger Daltrey etc. but I have noticed some more recent appearances with them, first some of the originals:

John Lennon
John-Lennon101.jpg

(topnews.in)

Tom Petty
tom-petty-1.jpg

(cocoahigh65.com)

Ozzy Osbourne
ozzy-osbourne.jpg

(forwomenonline.com)

Now some newer instances of them, Mary Kate Olsen and Lady Gaga have even started wearing variations:

Liam Gallagher
liam+gallagher+2008+tour+dig+out+your+soul.jpg

(1.bp.blogspot.com)

Travel Channel show host Anthony Bourdain
bourdain.jpg

(blei.org)

Lady Gaga
3B22F296-A1CA-D8CF-92A2AC3F7B06379E.jpg

(images.mirror.co.uk)

Mary Kate Olsen
mary-kate-olsen.0.0.0x0.400x600.jpeg

(cm1.theinsider.com)

Bourdain!. :lol::heart:

Definitely been noticing them, too.. I think they were featured in a few collections recently.. Topshop and some more but can't really remember. They seem fun for now..

Thanks for starting this, Ryan!.

HATE THEM. Every Oasis fan, or Liam wannabe STILL wears them and, they are not a pretty bunch of people. NO NO NO.

HATE THEM. Every Oasis fan, or Liam wannabe STILL wears them and, they are not a pretty bunch of people. NO NO NO.

Haha...they are difficult to find here in NC so I haven't seen many people with them out and about, actually none for that matter. If the Liam wannabes like them I'm sure there are a ton of them in London and Manchester... ^_^

^_^I think they are cool, I like the ones that are rose colored.
so you can see the world through rose colored glasses.

I don't watch anime...but I've read (on wikipedia) that there are some anime characters that are depicted with purple colored teashades :o

I don't care for the one's that are obviously vintage or 'vintage-inspired'. They only really work on ppl. who have a natural affinity for them. It goes beyond the clothes the person may be wearing, imo, like all the guys pictured above. It just 'works'.

Mary-kate's are nice. Who makes them? She has finally managed to find a pair that work with her face/style.

I don't care for the one's that are obviously vintage or 'vintage-inspired'. They only really work on ppl. who have a natural affinity for them. It goes beyond the clothes the person may be wearing, imo, like all the guys pictured above. It just 'works'.

Mary-kate's are nice. Who makes them? She has finally managed to find a pair that work with her face/style.

I know what you mean about it just "working" on certain people, a lot of it probably has to do with facial structure. I'm not sure who makes Mary-Kate's :huh:

They only look good on John Lennon, IMO.

Ozzy, step away from the makeup kit. You are supposed to look like hell, but not that kind of hell.

They only look good on John Lennon, IMO.

Ozzy, step away from the makeup kit. You are supposed to look like hell, but not that kind of hell.

In that photo he sort of has a corpse-ish look, white n' pasty :lol:

I saw Jamie Campbell Bower wearing a pair of these... I love them I need to get myself a pair

i like it, anyway it's a good thing to have any kind of sunglasses haha :D well i love to buy sunglasses though, i dont know why. i just bought this "john lennon" sunglasses though haha only like for $2. haha

the ones on Lady Gaga are so big that they really lose the effect. this is not the most widely flattering shape for sunglasses although those who pull them off look amazing. they're very different from anything else out there.

True ^

They are pretty hard to find here unfortunately, and I could order them but I would prefer to be able to try them on first.

Depending on where you look they are fairly inexpensive though ^_^

If you have long hair that you part down the middle, you'll either get John Lennon or Ozzy from people. -_- That's the only down side to them.

If you have long hair that you part down the middle, you'll either get John Lennon or Ozzy from people. -_- That's the only down side to them.

currently having that problem. i got a pair for $4 at a thrift shop... people say i look like a murderer.

:lol:...
well- at least you didn't spend $400 to look like a murderer...

^_^

i have never heard them called tea shades before...
where does that come from???
:unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sl4vicd0ll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->