Teen Vogue Volume #2 'The Music Issue'

Despite her age... does Paris really appeal to a teen audience? The interest in her lies with her father and the majority of his fans I would fathom are a lot older than Teen Vogue's demographic.

^ You'd think so but who knows these days.

So she's basically going to follow in Lily Rose Depp's footsteps now? :rolleyes:

I wish Hedi would move on from photographing the rich spawn of celebrities.

This is why they don't sell. This is not inviting at all. Another issue geared toward the wrong interpretation of what the "youth" is.

And the size is just annoying as hell. I saw the print version, and seriously had a laugh.

They should just seriously fold. This "Volume" edition ruins the memory of what Teen Vogue was once before.

Last edited by a moderator:
The 'music' issue..with someone on the cover that is not a musician :rolleyes:

Ugh, after being banished into a dark abyss (where I hoped it would stay forever) the ghost of 'SLP by Hedi' comes back for one last hurrah! Awful cover, I never could abide his work. He actually succeeded in making this annoying coattail-riding 'model' look more obnoxious, dirty and try-hard than she already is.

I'm not opposed to TeenVogue's theme concept, but why Paris??? It's like 333101 just said, she's not even a musician. And she just had a two major covers. Very bad move on their behalf.

There may of course be a possibility that it's a multicover issue again......

Despite her age... does Paris really appeal to a teen audience? The interest in her lies with her father and the majority of his fans I would fathom are a lot older than Teen Vogue's demographic.

I think that nowadays any kid-celeb that grows up and start to make statements on the media calls the audience of all the ages. Something similar happened with the Stallone daughters a few times ago.

Hedi seems to be very celebrity-obsessed.

I love Michael but do we need to know or hear what Paris Jackson has to say?
I've never been against nepotism in fashion but i'm getting really tired of it. Those celebrity kids somehow thinks that talent is hereditary.

I know getting into the fashion industry is the easiest way to enter into the world for those people but we need this to stop. Unfortunately i doubt it will...

I wish Hedi would move on from photographing the rich spawn of celebrities.
but who is Hedi Slimane without a VIP pass? :lol:.. he's never been interested in capturing any real scene or real youth of any subculture.. he just inserts his models or celebrity kids or part-time model/musicians that know who he is into festivals or recreates a party scene he saw (where probably no one paid any attention to him) for editorial and aesthetically pleasant purposes (but in a fake documentary format of course) and fashion immediately falls for it.. "hand on the pulse of an entire generation" "capturing a movement before anyone ever heard of it". His work would have zero relevancy, especially in the music community, if it was regular people, real kids from a real subculture.. and he certainly couldn't handle the harsh criticism that prevails there, he's having meltdowns over the one person that detests him in fashion...

Cover #2: Chance The Rapper by Petra Collins

HANNE GABY ODIELE, ISSA LISH & VANESSA MOODY – TEEN VOGUE – VOL. 2: THE MUSIC ISSUE

Ph: Matteo Montanari
Stylist: Veronique Didry
Hair: Tamara McNaughton
Makeup: Fara Homidi

womenmanagement

Fat shamers like this Chance guy shouldn't be getting magazine covers, especially not when it's a magazine aimed at young women! Luckily he looks like death warmed over, so I don't expect his cover will sell much.

It's getting better! Third and final cover: Solange Knowles by Ryan McGinley

Btw, Chance's cover was shot by Petra Collins.

That solange cover is beautiful. And the quote is beautiful as well.

Chance the rapper's.... delete. Deleted.

Agreed, everything works well here. That natural smile, the small nod to The Handmaid's Tale, and the fact that she's actually got something interesting say!

Meet Alexander Wang's Squad of Muses

by
Lauren Mechling
Photographs by
Matteo Montanari
Makeup by
Fara Homidi
Fashion by
Veronique Didry
Hair by
Tamara McNaughton

teenvogue

As nauseating as all these girls are (except Binx!), I suppose they all make sense for this magazine. That's the core audience of Alexander Wang anyway. They're the ones who will appreciate this Adidas collab, so smart strategy from everyone involved here.

As for the actual images and 'styling'...snoozefest!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->