Temperley London F/W 09.10 New York

Crying Diamonds

Geometric Discharge
Reaction score
NEW YORK, February 16, 2009

By Nicole Phelps

After showing her collection in London last season, Alice Temperley is back on the New York schedule—though not in the conventional sense. She's opted out of a runway show in favor of a two-day presentation at her Soho loft space and a simultaneous online video launch, which Style.com previewed exclusively in advance of its debut. "I've been looking for an alternative way to show for a while now, and with editors and retailers cutting back on travel, the video seemed like a good, maybe even greener, way to reach a wider audience," Temperley explained.

The Silk Route was her starting point for Fall, and it led her in more than a few different directions: From Japan (not technically part of the Silk Route, but work with us), origami detailing accented the lapels of jackets and the waistbands of skirts, while the rose print of relaxed day dresses and a grand cocoon coat evoked kimono silks. Moving on, there were tunics with jeweled necklines, high-waisted genie pants, and intarsia sweater dresses trimmed in colorful pompoms, as well as towering ponyskin fezzes. If that verged on overload, sharp military tailoring, gold-studded leather jackets and coats, and figure-forming stretch dresses won points for adding a sexier edge to this designer's formula. That continued into evening via gold military cording on crepe de chine. All in all, this was a leaner, meaner Temperley—the presentation/video combo wasn't the only way she broke her fashion week mold this season.

01m.jpg
02m.jpg
03m.jpg

04m.jpg
05m.jpg
06m.jpg

style

Last edited by a moderator:
really like it. Looks fun, but what the .... with the hats ? LV rip-off ?

^ Check Outfit lookalikes thread :lol:

Woops, computer exploded, rest of the collection:

25m.jpg
26m.jpg
27m.jpg

28m.jpg
29m.jpg
30m.jpg

style

Last edited by a moderator:
The name really makes me giggle,Temperley London...New York, simple things please a simple mind after all ^_^

Not really sure what to make of this yet though

The animal print ruins some of it for me, but then again i hate animal prints. Some of it makes think of givenchy meets prada lace, and of course LV, in a good way. Other then that I'm not sure what to make of it yet.

Absolutely smashing! Love the baroque design cues blended with sassy metropolitan appeal. The make-up reminds me of Olivia Palermo and my favourite look is the bottom left in the first post.^_^

The LV-like hats definitely distract from the actual clothes. I think there's some really good styling here but most of the pieces wouldn't necessary work on their own.

Good cohesive collection. Don't like the animal print nor the belts. Some outfits in #3 and #4 reminds me a bit of scandinavian national costumes...

I think this has been my favorite so far! Is anyone else totally thrown off by how many designers opted to do viewings? It's a great idea but I keep getting psyched out by the "runway" images on style :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dm4048a
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->