Tess Giberson @ Tse

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
amazing news :heart:

Tse has tapped Tess Giberson, who worked at Calvin Klein before launching her namesake line for spring 2002, to be the designer of its women's collection.

Giberson, 33, succeeds Annette Ishida, who was vice president of design and left the firm in June. Giberson will unveil her first collection this spring for fall 2006 retailing.

"I see a lot of potential with the resources Tse has," Giberson said. "They have always stressed innovation in their collection. I am always interested in pushing beyond the boundaries of what's expected."

Giberson joins a talented group of designers who have worked at Tse in the last decade. Tse's design team has been headed by Narciso Rodriguez, Victor Alfaro, Hussein Chalayan and Richard Chai.

"It's the Tse philosophy to try to get the best talent in the market," said Augustine Tse, founder, president and chief executive officer. "The market evolves, and Tse has to evolve with it."

Tse said he was looking for a designer with experience in wovens, an area he is hoping to build for the label, which is mostly known for cashmere.

"I wanted someone with a strong woven background," Tse said. "I have been watching Tess for a few seasons now and I like her sensibility, her philosophy, the understatement to her line. I believe we will be able to grow very strongly together."

Tse has 120 shop-in-shops in U.S. department and specialty stores, including Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, Bergdorf Goodman and Nordstrom.

Giberson has put her namesake collection on hold. She gave birth to a boy, Ezra, in March, and when the offer to design Tse came up, she realized that she wanted to focus on it and have more time with her child. The fall production of her collection has been completed and it has been shipped to stores such as Barneys New York.

"I felt comfortable with the decision," Giberson said. "This adds to my overall experience."

Tse used to have fashion shows, but stopped them after the 9/11 terrorist attacks. Tse said the company is mulling a return to shows for the fall 2006 collection, although it likely will be in a different format from the usual runway presentation. Tse and Giberson are discussing potential ideas.

"I want to make sure that it is meaningful," Tse said.

from wwd.com

i liked tse best when narciso was designing for them...
he did a really good job there...

and i have been trying to figure out who richard chai is...
he just popped out of nowehere with his own collection and he's really good...
now i see why...

good for tess...
it's so much easier to work for someone else than it is to try and make it on your own...
especially if you have a family and hope to have some semblance of a 'normal' home life...

:flower:
best of luck to her..
i think this will be good for everyone involved...

Return of the Tse shows with Tess Giberson, yay! I hope she continues the mood of her S/S 05 collection. Thanks for posting this Lena :heart:

That's great news! :woot: :heart: :heart:

I always loved Tse when Chalayan was designing...and was hoping they'd get somebody to come revive it after he left. Good choice! Maybe it will also give Tess some much needed extra success and attention at her own line as well.

Scott said:
I always loved Tse when Chalayan was designing...and was hoping they'd get somebody to come revive it after he left. Good choice! Maybe it will also give Tess some much needed extra success and attention at her own line as well.

exactly my thoughts :wink:

^Remember,that's exactly what happened with Hussein. Hardly anybody knew much about Chalayan,when he got first tapped at Tse and within the next two seasons after his debut he was being talked about and featured non-stop.

sounds good. Look forward to seeing this.

I'm happy for Tess. I've met her and worked with her briefly before...she's a really nice person, and I wish her all the best.

its good to see good things happen to good people.
she is a nice person I worked for her in her first season and she is very nice

all the best to her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->