The 25 Worst Movie Remakes of All Time

And six of them are Hollywood remakes of European/British films...:innocent:

One remake that I loved was "Father of the Bride." Elizabeth Taylor was great in the original, but I LOOOOOVE the one with Steve Martin.

Some people loved the remake of "Sabrina", but I prefer the one with Audrey Hepburn. Still, the remake was not a disaster. You just cannot beat out Ms. Hepburn, IMO.

I also liked "Guess Who's Coming To Dinner?" and "Guess Who?" with Ashton Kutcher was not as good. I thought it was cute though...so again, could have been worse. :wink:

The Truth About Charlie was horrific. Charade is one of my top 10 favorite movies...it's perfection.

I was optimisitic about the remake, I usually don't write off all remakes as horrible, but it was just a unsatisfying movie.

Heh, I hate remakes when they're bad. Writers have such an oppurtunity to make them good too, especially the films that take place in different time periods and cultures.

I think Guess Who is one that comes to mind-I was so pumped up to see how an interracial relationship film would be made in the 21st century and I was kind of disappointed.

My friends and I always try to pick films and see how they would/could be made today: How would the situations be viewed differently?

I heard that they are remaking "Footloose" AND "Big" both starring Zac Efron!!!! :shock:

Yea, I think Zac Efron's kind of become the new poster boy for musicals.

I think so, but I don't get why there is a need to remake those movies...especially "Big". I LOVED the original one and cannot imagine anyone doing a better job than Tom Hanks did.

One remake that I loved was "Father of the Bride." Elizabeth Taylor was great in the original, but I LOOOOOVE the one with Steve Martin.
Ditto :flower: And the sequel to the remake was good too!

Um, "Hairspray," starring John Travolta in place of Divine and Amanda Bynes. What was wrong with the original in the first place? Just thinking about it upsets me.

Not really a remake, but they're making a sequel out of 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off'. :( I love the movie and apparently it's set 20 years from then... :ninja:

^ Are you serious?! That is so unnecessary! I hate dumb sequels like that. They take something special away from the originals.

Not really a remake, but they're making a sequel out of 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off'. :( I love the movie and apparently it's set 20 years from then... :ninja:

Noooo! I love that movie the way it is. It seems so unrealistic in this century, with the tracking devices in cell phones. The movie would end after the first 20 minutes. Nooooo!

True, what a terrible idea for a movie. Movies are funny things. Nobody goes, well I'm going to re-paint the Mona Lisa, and its going to be better than the original! Artists make references to archetypal images and icons but don't intend to remake things in earnest, those people are forgers. And its the same feeling I get when I see terrible remakes, they are forgeries of originals totally soul-less. I also heard Jessica Simpson is remaking 'Working Girl', yuck. I haven't heard anything about it lately, maybe it hasn't gone forward? And Kawari, has anyone been cast for Ferris Bueller yet?

^haha

Of the remakes that I've seen, I actually liked most of them. Alfie, Planet of the Apes, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory were all rather good I feel.

I must have horrible taste. The House of Wax remake, I love that movie. But I could not stand the original.

Ha, I have no clue who they've cast as Ferris, though his best friend was always my favorite character. Though I wouldn't be surprised if it was Zac Efron!

Zac Efron is a cool kid and all, but he is no Ferris Bueller. He is that kid in your math class that wears ironed Lacoste polos and bakes cookies for student government. But I wouldn't be surprised if they chose him either.

I just want to reiterate how much Alfie sucked, because it really did. I sat through that because it was my friend's birthday. I am way too good a friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->