The All-Things 'Pantyhose & Tights' Thread

Agatha79

Reaction score
My name is Agatha, and I've been reading this forum for some time. All I can say is that the content is great and the people are kind and helpful.

I don't know if you're anything like me, but I like to wear pantyhose, as long as they are of good quality. My peers don't do this, not as much at least, so I wonder if maybe other people on the forum would share my view. Wearing quality pantyhose often translates to comfort during the day, and good look on the leg.

When wearing skirts of all lengths, I often put some kind of pantyhose or tights, not only for warmth but also for a finished look and the sense of elegance they give me. I just feel better that way, except when I would wear a cheap brand, which I now avoid, as in the end I think it's generally a waste of money.

When wearing dress pants, I generally have 3 options, to go bare-legged underneath, or wear socks which is generally a comfortable experience, to wear cheap pantyhose - yuck! they cling so much! - or to wear good quality pantyhose, which not only will ensure the I have comfort and freedom of movement, but also give me a sense of elegance, even though my legs won't be showing.

I realized that I wear pantyhose quite a bit more than my peers, especially I think with pants, but I like it.

What do you think? Is there anyone else out there that shares my opinion? I hope there's more of us like that.

Cheers,
Agatha

I'm not a big fan of sheer hosiery but I like opaque stockings or tights. Always wore them as a kid with all my dresses and such and still wear them today in the same way :smile:.

Thank you

Thank you for the kind reply! I like opaques too.
Agatha

aquarius_21 said:
I'm not a big fan of sheer hosiery but I like opaque stockings or tights. Always wore them as a kid with all my dresses and such and still wear them today in the same way :smile:.

i too like opaqes - especially patterned ones. I dont like sheers. they just dont suit me, plus i always get them snagged. I dont mind wearing knee high or footsie sheers under trousers though

I like tights very much!
Perhaps it is the boarding school rules...we have very strict dress code---our school tries hard to make us into young masters and missess!

I wear sheer tights bought when I was traveling in Japan, they are truly "sheer" people can't even notice that I am wearing hosery. Few teachers had to "touch" me to feel it...

But seems like it is not fashionable..!?

welcome to tFS agatha!

opaques- but please NO sheer hoisery.. those little eggs filled with control top fashion horror! AHH! :ninja: I've yet to be swayed to the 'nylon' side!

Thank you for the welcome and opinions. I will look into wearing more of opaques this spring.

Cheers,
Agatha

I like opaques as well, mostly because they are sturdier. It seems that if I even look at a pair of sheers wrong, they run and snag.

I'm not a fan of them...they're too cold. I prefer opaque coloured tights. though it is odd because recently I have been seeing more girls my age wearing the sheer tan tights...not sure if it is a returning trend or if my town is just full of sensible girls. :wink:

Utopia,

I've noticed sheers more in my area as well. Generally the color pallete is limited to nude (barely visible), tan, and black. I'm not sure how old are you, but I'm assuming you're in your twenties, like myself.

The nude colored ones are generally worn by girls our age with different types of plaid skirts, narrow and wider, some with traditional dress knee-length skirts, and I've also seen some with black cropped trousers. In all of those ensembles, they would wear traditional pumps, including peep-toe ones, as opposed to boots. Perhaps that's something new that starts catching on?

The tan ones I'm mostly seeing worn with more classic dress skirts, and knee-length boots, while for the black ones, generally everything goes, except I actually can't say I've seen too many worn with cropped trousers and pumps.

And speaking of myself, yesterday I've worn a snug pair of grey dress trousers with a pair of sheer tan pantyhose underneath :smile:, black slingback sandals as it was a warmer day, white turtleneck, with a brown leather jacket on the outside. It's just me though :smile: I just felt like wearing full pantyhose even though my legs weren't showing :smile:

Cheers,
Agatha

utopia said:
I'm not a fan of them...they're too cold. I prefer opaque coloured tights. though it is odd because recently I have been seeing more girls my age wearing the sheer tan tights...not sure if it is a returning trend or if my town is just full of sensible girls. :wink:

I'm going to be wearing navy and black opaques and perhaps even beige micronets this season with ballet flats and boots.

I love hosiery - especially from wolford. From black, beige fishnets to bazzard lace prints. If done nicely fishnet can be very elegant and spunky for older woman.

My sister bought me this pair of leopard print tights that I never thought I'd wear in a million years, but they've actually become one of my favorite pairs of tights to wear. I haven't even opened the fancy lacy ones she got me :lol:

I like sheers too! But I dont know how to pull them off... I see them on some women and they look so hot, unfort. I am still trying to figure out how to work em.

I love tights and pantyhose so much! Wear them all the time because I'm such a big skirt fan but wouldn't dare show a bare leg. I love them in all colors and thickness, they are a good thing!

Where I live is so cold in winter I have to wear tights/hold ups under my trousers and jeans otherwise I would freeze!!!!

In summer I don't mind to go bare legged, but if I had to wear some stockings I would go for holdups rather than tights(pantyhose for the Americans!!!:P)

What I'd suggest...

Plastic'sWife,

If I can offer you a couple of suggestions for wearing sheers is that you might want to try them with an above-the knee/mid-thigh plaid skirt. The skirt can be of either loose or narrow variety, but I'd rather go with the loose, prep-school type skirt. The ideal colors for the skirt would be beige/gray/maroon plaid. I would wear pale nude pantyhose with that and brown low-heeled, closed-toe shoes. Add to that a beige/white turtleneck sweater, and a brown leather jacket. You'll look great!

You may want to try suntan pantyhose with a black below or just above the knee skirt and black knee-length boots.

For pants, I'd suggest you wear light support pantyhose that allow your pants to glide on top of them freely, and that give you that nice tingle when you walk :-). I love to wear grey snug pants, grey pumps and grey hosiery. You can alternatively wear suntan hosiery for this. Suntan hosiery also goes well with black pants and black pumps, much better than nude. You will look very elegant in my opinion when you wear pants, but also if your pumps also have a peep-top. Don't worry about your pantyhose showing, try it!

Enjoy,
Agatha

Plastic'sWife said:
I like sheers too! But I dont know how to pull them off... I see them on some women and they look so hot, unfort. I am still trying to figure out how to work em.

Captain_Lydia
Great! Looks like those leopard tights are a fashion-must for you!

Tushka_BeLLa
That's great. Opaques work well with most outfits. Beige micronets are great for cropped trousers and boots, when you want to reveal what's you're wearing underneath to your peers only on rare occasions and keep'em guessing ;-)

yiyi
Yes, fishnets can be a subtle addition of an elegant touch if done nicely.

tangiblelove
I love them too :-) I've worn them with probably all of my dressier/work clothes, as well as with more casual ensembles.

eleganza
Quality hosiery can add a nice layer in winter under clothes, as we both know :-)

Cheers,
Agatha

I only wear opaque and/or patterned tights and fishnets. I like colors, especially, and don't see the point of fleshtone sheer tights. If I want my legs to look bare, I will leave them bare, but I prefer a more covered-up look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ebbbbty
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->