How short is too short *without tights*

too short could be a nightmare to wear and then have to sit down :o:o

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it all depends on the occasions, and your body type too. Once my friend and I were trying on skirts at Mango, and we both fell in love with this black denim mini skirt... It looked so nice and stylish on her. It just looked super sl*tty on me. (My legs are a lot longer than hers) The same theory kind of applies to boobs too. Her boobs are much bigger than mine, and she can't really pull off a lot of v-necks without looking... the same way I do with short skirts. :lol: Whereas I pretty much have no cleavage, v-necks work fine on me :rofl:

surprised nobody's mentioned spanx or even those stretchy lace bike shorts that are popular lately -- it can be really cute when done correctly and is kind of a middle ground where you can avoid showing off your cooter but still show a lot of leg.

at 5'10" and thin also i have problems where i feel that even NOT short dresses look obscene on me because there's so much leg, and so i tend to wear tights a lot, and would presume you made the right decision. no need to show skin when you've got half a mile of leg there anyhow!

besides, i think tights look even 'hotter' than no tights sometimes -- with so many awesome lacy/fishnet/textured/patterned/colourful options, i think it's completely asinine to suggest that wearing tights isn't 'sexy' or 'hot' or 'stylish.'

^ i agree about the tights! i think it defenitely can awake some more attention than just a skirt/ short dress + bare legs.
personally, i dont really mind how short a dress or skirt is - i even wear (very) long shirts as a "dress". but i would never them without thights.

Wearing tights and cheerleader briefs will solve the problem and you should be able to go as short as you want.

peopleofwalmart.com tells you how short is too short :innocent:

OMG what a gem of a website! I love the lady with the butt crack and back muffin top over her jeans. That look is epic :lol:

Back on topic though, I think it really depends but short can be too short with bare legs, the dress shown is not too short if you look amazing and have great legs, whereas it would look less desirable on my chicken drummers of thighs:innocent: Also, bare legs are better if the dress is flowy and not really fitted.

But the right attitude can account for a lot when it comes to style :Mowhawk:

^^agreed on the flowy thing vs fitted. i have this uber-tight uber-short bandage dress which looks unbelievably trashy with no tights, but with a pair of opaque tights, ain't no thang. whereas all of my flowy too-short dresses work fine with a bare leg -- though i do still tend to wear spanx underneath, since flowy dresses are more susceptible to marilyn subway-grate moments :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
inafrombaki
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->