The BAFTA'S 2007

liberty33r1b said:
i thought it had already started? the carpet thing is over by now, so what are they all doing till then???

I dont think they show it live. They will probably shorten it a lot too - just show the major awards.

Eva seems to have won best newcomer...don't get that, I hardly think she's a newcomer. But whatever...

liberty33r1b said:
i thought it had already started? the carpet thing is over by now, so what are they all doing till then???

It has started, but they will show it at 9 o clock british time. So its not live.

Why on earth was Sarah Harding and Myleene there? I always thought of the BAFTAs as a classy award show, but this is ridiculous! They should really re-consider the invites next time!

Naomi Harris, Damien Lewis :crush: , James McAvoy and Anne-Marie Duff, Forest Whitaker {gettyimages.com}

Attachments

• 73290952.jpg
    73290952.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 73290996.jpg
    73290996.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 73290722.jpg
    73290722.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 73291310.jpg
    73291310.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 1
Not good so far!
Eva looks wild, but it's her style, so it works...everyone else looks boring...and Thandie's dress is frankly bizarre

I think Eva looks at once scary and positively breathtaking. :woot:

Toni looks fab (though the furry thing is a bit odd-looking). :shock:

And I :heart: James McAvoy.

Eva looks scary! :shock: I like Thandie's hair and makeup but the dress is just weird.

Penelope and Kate look the best imo. :heart:

What is Eva's hair all about? :blink:- even though she is beautiful.
Not liking Sienna's dress much at all this time.:(

Not a particularly great bunch of dresses so far!

I do love Eva's though, I think the colour is beautiful, however I'm not keen on the hair. Penelope looks lovely too as well as the ever classy Helen Mirren.

The biggest disappointment for me, so far, is Thandie. Sienna's dress is just ugly.

Wow, the tone of the dresses are really serious and different to GGs etc.

GivenchyPrincess said:
Not a particularly great bunch of dresses so far!

I do love Eva's though, I think the colour is beautiful, however I'm not keen on the hair. Penelope looks lovely too as well as the ever classy Helen Mirren.

The biggest disappointment for me, so far, is Thandie. Sienna's dress is just ugly.

Yes Helen looks wonderful

Penelope is wearing Oscar de la Renta Resort.

0032m.jpg

Source: Style.com

I'm not sure if I'm sold on the pattern of Penelope's dress, especially around the extended hem where the delicacy of the fronds looks like it's just jumbled up in a bit of a mess. Her hair and makeup is lovely though, she's always looking gorgeous, I just think the dress is too bland and demure for her sultry look. Kate's always gorgeous too, but a bit conservative this time. Eva Green's dress is stunning, and a welcome depature from a lot of the neutral colours we've been seeing at these awards shows lately, but yeah, everyone's right about the hair and make-up although I don't think the makeup would be as big of an issue if her hair were't that bouffant. It's like she's channeling the spirit of Robert Smith without the musical talent.

Helen Mirren looks the best for me. Gorgeously soft without being too dainty. And not too boring with the bolero/sash thing she's got. Admittedly, on anyone else it might have smothered them, but Mirren just looks radiant in it (probably because she knows she's on her way to winning every single thing this season).

Last edited by a moderator:

Toni Collette in Max Azria (and the show has just started)

from getty.

Last edited by a moderator:
^I was really surprised at that, it was such a strong group aswell but she was by far the weakest choice.

Thandie Newton @ Orange British Academy Film Awards (BAFTAs) in London, Feb 11 - 10HQ

source hqcb for above

film not in the english language
pans labyrinth

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lofo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->