The BIG Vogue Sale: 29/11/05

helena

Swim Upstream
Reaction score
DON'T MISS THIS ONE
spacer.gif
The big sale will happen tomorrow:

WHERE else can you buy an entire new designer wardrobe for a fraction of the cost and know you're doing it all for a fantastic cause? VOGUE has made it easy for you to do your bit to help the victims of the earthquake in Pakistan, since editor Alexandra Shulman and Jemima Khan have asked all their most stylish friends to donate clothes to the Fashion Sale For Pakistan, which will offer labels like YSL, Roland Mouret, Prada, Mulberry, Gharani Strok, Chanel, Burberry, Alexander McQueen, Matthew Williamson, Agent Provocateur, Louis Vuitton, Alice Temperley and many more, for you to buy at just over wholesale price. "We're very keen to raise as much money as quickly as possible specifically to offer some relief to the many orphaned children who will freeze this winter without the temporary accommodation we are planning to buy," says Shulman. "The fashion industry has rallied round marvellously and we have some fantastic things to buy and more coming in every day." The sale will take place between 12-8pm tomorrow at Covent Garden Studios, 10 Mercer Street, WC2. £10 admission the door. Cash and cheques accepted.

I've been on mercer street a zillion times and still have not seen the covent garden studios. must be further down than I go. regardless of the 'cause' the entry price seems uber steep. What if you don't buy anything? And you can imagine people just grabbing at clothes? It's situations like these where I think people tend to buy something they don't quite like or is ill-fitting because of the 'cheap' price and the fact that they want to make the ten pound door fee worth it. would be interesting to see if they had anything good though

I guess its like a £10 donation to charity Meg. I know what you mean though. The showstudio auction wasn't THAT good.

Things like this always make question how much really goes to charity though......

^ It should be a good percentage ... since Vogue is sponsoring, staff should already be paid for. Hopefully the designers covered shipping ... only expenses I can see are perhaps printing, transport, venue ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neverchiu
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->