The Brunette Hair Thread

I absolutely love the shade of brown this girl has. It looks almost golden brown. I have dark brown hair at the moment and am dying to go lighter for the summer.

What shade would you classify her colour as? And does anyone know if I could achieve this using box colour or would I have to go to a salon?

justjared.com

Who is that girl? :shock: she's gorgeous!!
And party vixen, your best bet would be a salon visit, because even though it looks like an all over color, meaning no highlights, it is a difficult color to achieve on your own (light cool brunette), because if you have naturally dark brunette hair, like I do, home coloring almost certainly will go the reddish route even if you pick a cool tone. Only a professional colorist can mix and match the best shade in order to avoid the warm tones our hair makes naturally:flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Thank you melfreya ^_^ :flower:!

She is beautiful isn't she? Reminds me of a young Brooke Shields. But I have no clue who she is. These pictures were taken of Chris Brown (I know, I know) so I assume she is a friend of his current gf.

And thank you for your advice. I was really hoping I wouldn't have to go to the salon, however I don't want to risk ending up with reddish tones just because I didn't want to dish out a little extra. I will have to print out these pictures and take them to my hairdresser and hopefully she will be able to match the colour. I hope I won't need to have any highlights put in to achieve the same colour because I always find it a pain for touchups. I always prefer all over colour if at all possible.

It looks like a honey color. Gorgeous girl and gorgeous hair color, funny you mention Brooke because it looks like her hair color in Blue Lagoon.

I don't think that's honey, honey is golden and her hair is not golden. I really want something like that as well.

Party Vixen, I know who this girl is! Her name is Stormi Henley.
I was watching American Idol reruns and I remembered where I've seen her before. She auditioned for it back in January and her beauty stuck with me. She is a former Miss Teen USA and you can see her audition on youtube and there are many photos of her on tumblr.

^ You're quite the detective there melfreya :P. Good memory!

I'm having my hair coloured the same as hers next week and I've saved the photos of her on my phone so hopefully my hairdresser will be able to match it.

It is such a beautiful colour and exactly what I'm craving at the moment. However, I'm nervous because I can definitely foresee it turning out horrible if my hairdresser gets it wrong :ninja:.

that's pretty Party Vixen

~

Drew Barrymore
drewbarrymorevariety.jpg

drewbarrymoreinfdaily.jpg

Variety, INF Daily

My natural hair color in sunlight. It's dark brown.

chicandcool, nope. My natural hair is straight. I just made bun high on my head and that's the result.

So I got to the bunette club too, I'm not sure if I like it yet.. I've ot delicate ombre. The base colour was to be a medium blonde, and my hairdreser got me v light ash brown.
I am not sure I like it, but it defines my face much better than light blonde..

First photo: before
Second: after the visit, I will post better photos soon because I didn't have time to take a proper photo of hair yet

Attachments

• Untitled 2.jpg
    Untitled 2.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 6
I've been coloring my hair chocolate brown for a while, but now I really want to get rid of the red color from it, and get a light ash brown. I really really like this model's hair.. can anyone recommend me a color that I should use?

05_popup.jpg

lagarconne.com

I'm also trying to get rid of the red in my hair. It's a light brown w/a strange auburn tint that I think is residual from dying it w/a dark brown demi permanent a 5-6 months ago. Does anyone know of a good rinse or demi that brings out gold tones rather than auburn?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amazon70
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->