The 'D la Repubblica' Magazine Thread

Why his VI wasn't like this? I'm mad about it. Almost 5 years wasted and now he's pulling his best?

Why his VI wasn't like this? I'm mad about it. Almost 5 years wasted and now he's pulling his best?
Probrably because he tough Vogue Sold itself and did experiment with (crazy) stuff
Now with D he claimmed in the beggingin he wanted to be the best fashion mag on Italy and probrably lit fire in his eyes

Is he aware him and part of his team DESTROYED VI in so little time? Even if he makes great magazines now, I can't forgive him for degrading once the best fashion magazine of the world, and even after him is far from its old reputation.

Is he aware him and part of his team DESTROYED VI in so little time? Even if he makes great magazines now, I can't forgive him for degrading once the best fashion magazine of the world, and even after him is far from its old reputation.

While I loathe his later years at Vogue Italia, I believe it's unfair to hold him up to Franca's standard because no one could recreate what she did for fashion during her tenure. Any one person would've failed in succeeding her, because her vision truly was one of a kind. What we could've had would've been imitations at best and while Farneti and Verderi did the worst job imaginable, in the end it all would've come to the reprint-fest that it is today anyways.

I bought it yesterday (weird cause usually comes out on saturday but they change it to monday and the next one will be this saturday), i've got the Roversi cover...quick review:

- The opening editorial section cover it's from Liv Linberg shoot...not in the same style as her cover
- Roversi editorial 'I Am" 16 pages. Female and male models
- Alasdair Mclellan "Pictures from an institution" with Mona 16 pages
- Live Liberg and Jacob K "And so it is" 14 pages. mixed street and studio pictures.
- "Reverse" photo Marlen Keller 6 pages. beauty editorial
- "multiple exposure" photo Coppi Barbieri.6 pages. accessories editorial

"Senza paura" (without fear) an article of makeup artista Val Garland remembering Vivienne Westwood. 2 pages

The Loli's story is amazing. The proove that Farnetti has a vision, Conde Nast unfortunelly not anymore.

Love the pictures and the image treatment but she just looks so bored all the time both in runway shows and pictures. I mean, she's gooorgeous just give me some kind of expression, eyes, anything!

I have been saying that over and over on multiple threads but supplements are way better and more interesting business than fashion magazines. When the money is not solely on one thing and they have a very different business model, they can allow themselves to be more creative.

Le Monde, Financial Times, WSJ, and La Repubblica have a large, loyal and strong readership that buys them for their journalistic, financial, and economic point of view.

The readers have also strong purchasing power so to simply sliding a nice luxurious supplement is really easy and great for these publications thanks to the fashion advertisers.

It is pleasing to see Emanuele having fun and is revenge now. People talk more about D than Vogue italia.

Love the pictures and the image treatment but she just looks so bored all the time both in runway shows and pictures. I mean, she's gooorgeous just give me some kind of expression, eyes, anything!

In my opinion her eyes are very expressive and she is incredibly sophisticated in her simplicity. She has everything that Kendall and Dua can only dream about.

Is there a website where I can buy the print version?

They didn't explain on the post but the cover is fold out, each 3 pictures are part of the actual cover.

I've just got Julia's cover. Quick Review:

- Anna Ewers editorial picture are the editorial opening section "cover"
- "Réverie" photo Drew Vickers styling Jacob K.16 pages of Julia Nobis, some blurry images but strong editorial.
- "Fine Line" Ethan James green styling Tonne Goodman. 14 pages Karlie Kloss, Pat Cleveland and Dara Allen as Antonio Lopez muses. some pages are mixed with illlustrations.
- "Just a dream" Olivier Hadlee Pearch styling Vanessa Reid.14 pages of Anna Ewers outdoors and studio images
- "Inside out" Tara Laure Claire styling Joanna Itam.6 pages. model Emma Belabed
- "Frames of life" Joaquin Laguinge styling Laetitia Leporcq. Accesories editorial no model.8 pages

Comes with D Lui the men's supplement. with Lorenzo Zurzolo on the cover. One long boring editorial. Two editorials with singers.

They need to step up the men's supplement level. Looks subpar compared to the women's.

d la Repubblica February 18th, 2023

I AM
Photography:
Paolo Roversi
Styling: Ibrahim Kamara
Hair: Jawara
Make-up: Hiromi Ueda
Models: Adele Ruboneka, Nyawurh Chuol, Lucia Fairfull, Violette Meima, Alexis Renard, Samuel Elie, Daniil Kercz & Lucas Zarete

d la Repubblica Digital Edition

PICTURES FROM AN INSTITUTION
Photography:
Alasdair McLellan
Styling: Ellie Grace Cumming
Hair: Anthony Turner
Make-up: Bea Sweet
Model: Mona Tougaard

AND SO IT IS
Photography:
Liv Liberg
Styling: Jacob K
Hair: Eugene Souleiman
Make-up: Lucy Bridge
Models: Qisi Feng, Sascha Rajasalu, Greta Oberwalleney, Mees Aanraad, Ka Wai, Karolina Capkova & Achol Ayor

d la Repubblica February 25th, 2023

RÊVERIE
Photography:
Drew Vickers
Styling: Jacob K
Hair: Benjamin Muller
Make-up: Cécile Paravina
Model: Julia Nobis

d la Repubblica February 25th, 2023

FINE LINE