The Eyebrow Thread, all you need to know and ask about your arches

Status
Not open for further replies.
k i've done a lot of research.. i watched those videos on extensions^ but they are drawn in rather than real hair. the area i want the brow is much too high for plucking, it's in area with no hair. i've decided i will be shaving the whole thing off :ermm: and applying these faux ones --they look quite real in pictures i've seen.. I even read about a little girl who had them on for two days and went for a swim in between..! And still perfect

Looking at this thread makes me depressed. No matter what I do to my eyebrows they look horrible. If I trim them, they look fake and eww-y. If I grow them out (but pluck them into shape) the hairs just look super thick and unnatural. Is there any kind of an eyebrow "mascara" :lol: that can lighten the color of your eyebrows hairs (not a dye)? That way when I use my Shu Uemura brow pencil over my brows it doesn't look all icky and ultra dark!

^I think that you should always use an eyebrow pencil a couple of shades lighter than you think you need them. You could try a lighter grey/brown matte eye shadow with an angled brush, I think that's the most natural look. That said...I wish my hairs were thicker! They are so wimpy :doh:

^Yess I have so thought about that! Do you have good experiences with any brands in particular? I so want to get Chanel... just because it's Chanel...

^I don't know if Chanel has any matte eye shadows or angled brushes? I got a perfect grey eye shadow from The Body Shop and an angled brush from MAC. Oh, and YSL has fab eyebrow pencils that don't have too much red in them.

I think everyone should avoid putting anything with even the slightest hint of red on their eyebrows...:shock:

^I think they do! I'll check at HK airport... Where everything is so much cheaper :buzz:

Now WHY would anyone put red on their eyebrows? Ew... This is the shade I use. It looked perfect until I stopped trimming my eyebrows... Now it just looks unnatural and dark :(

shuuemurabrush.jpg

my phone cam

^Maybe (just for now) you could use you brow pencil, but just make sure to brush through your brows after you've applied it?

^They don't look red, and I think the darkest shade will suit you! I wonder how pigmented they are...

^The reviews on MUA are quite positive! Agh it is so expensive though. $65... for brow powder... Darn you Chanel and your attractive packaging :(

If you want to remove all of your eyebrows, would you rather shave or pluck it?

I've been reading about shaving and this article says the eyebrow should grow back exactly the same. Length, thickness, colour. There is also less risk in the hair growing back the wrong way.

If you want to remove all of your eyebrows, would you rather shave or pluck it?

I've been reading about shaving and this article says the eyebrow should grow back exactly the same. Length, thickness, colour. There is also less risk in the hair growing back the wrong way.
When you see people with no eyebrows they're shaved. Imagine the maintenance of plucking! Also, plucking the same place over and over can sometimes cause hair to stop growing there (I've experienced this, at least). I don't think you want that in the long term.

thank you lanakau :wub:

I was just worried it might grow back coarser like it does for a man's face. I wouldn't mind the hair stop growing in the area in the future actually, but I'm still deciding ^^

Does anybody know how to achieve this soft look with their eyebrows? It's impossible for me to do because my eyebrows are all thick and messy...

b198376111.jpg

alivenotdead.com

^those are really beautiful!!

mine are really harsh, i with I could soften them like that too.. but i guess it's because of the thickness of the hair. this girl seems to have really thin eyebrow hair, and maybe she even bleached it a little

Awww an eyebrow thread I haven't see it!! :heart::heart::heart:

I'm really obsessed by Megan fox's eyebrows

megan-fox-makeup.jpg

frappelattes.com

I can't make mine that accentuate, mine look really straight compare to hers and not that high... I've been trying to do it her way since months now...no results:cry:

I absolutely LOVE Megan Fox's eyebrows! They are perfection.

Honestly, don't even bother trying to get brows like hers if yours don't have the same shape. You'll just end up frustrated. Better to work with your own :flower:

Even if you love someone's eyebrows, if yours are shaped differently, you'll probably screw them up trying to make them look the same. If might be good to see if there's someone else's whose eyebrows you like who actually has the same shape.

^ Yeah i know , but my eyebrows kinda looks like her a little bit so I'll keep trying until I gets it ^_^

michyed I thought about your post yesterday , went to se the chanel's eyebrows powder (jeeez they are expensive here in Canada:shock:) the color are too weird for me , I could not see myself use other than the one in the middle... and I was not fan of the texture neither... I try it and it goes away very easily .
The lady who work their told me :
''it looks very natural , looks mine i did it with those powder'
and her eyebrows were very weird and not natural... so I didn't get it :(

still looking for the perfect eyebrows powder....

Nevermind... just saw in an other thread you got it so^_^
maybe the tester she gave me was not good anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blondblondblond
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"