The Films of Quentin Tarantino

My fave is definitely Kill Bill Vol 1 & 2. They make me want to kick butt :boxer:

Kill Bill Vol. 1 - He just gave Uma's character so much power. A woman with huge cojones in her search of revenge.

I just love how the movie relates to Japan. It made me wanna play with samurai swords.

Inglourious basterds. That said.

I watched it few days ago and I don't know what to think about it. On one hand, it's great that we can see movies about Second World War, which are more ironic and funny, that historical or a real story movies. On the other hand that theme is really serious, especially in my country.

I hate Brad Pitt. His character is sooo boring. I hate his American accent, which is fake to me.

I like Diane Kruger and Christoph Waltz. Two really good characters.
But my favourite character is definitely Shosanna Dreifus (Melanie Laurent). IMO she's got sth from Black Mamba - she want her revenge,... The best scene, in whole movie is when Shosanna shot that soldier Fredrick Zoller and he later killed her. It's so fabulous and kind of romantic.

Last edited by a moderator:
For me probably Pulp Fiction is Quentin's best with maybe Jackie Brown a close second. I actually think Kill Bill could be the best but only in it's original form as one movie with Parts 1 & 2 edited together. I liked Part 1 more having seen Part 2 so I think together they could even each other out into a great movie.

I only just saw Inglourious Basterds so I think I need some time to put that in context. I think it's too uneven to be Tarantino's best. The scenes with Landa and/or Shosanna are amazing (particularly the strudel scene); the ones with Aldo Raine don't work half as well.

Hands down, Quentin's worst film is Death Proof. My god, it's virtually unwatchable. Not surprised it bombed.

I watched it few days ago and I don't know what to think about it. On one hand, it's great that we can see movies about Second World War, which are more ironic and funny, that historical or a real story movies. On the other hand that theme is really serious, especially in my country.

i am also from poland and i dont really see where you're going here. this movie has nothing to do with poland. probably that's why our film critics werent complaining, as they always are.

Inglourious Basterds! :D but I also love Kill Bill 1&2, and Pulp Fiction.

I still haven't seen From Dusk Til Dawn or Jackie Brown, or the last half of Reservoir Dogs but I'm planning on as soon as possible.

after seeing Death proof, i thought he was a very overrated director but then i saw Kill Bill and Inglourious Basterds (both good movies) and changed my opinion

i want to see Pulp Fiction but i'm not sure...it doesn't really seem my type of movie

I haven't seen all of them, but current favourite would be Pulp Fiction. I know I'm not very original but this piece is hell of a legend. And I just love Uma as Mia Wallace

Quentin's worst film is Death Proof. My god, it's virtually unwatchable.
yes, it's terrible. I wish I hadn't watched all of it.

RD and PF are superb and JB is pretty good.
His bit in Four Rooms is also great.

KB is too long and boring. I'm in no hurry to watch IB b/c I think he's lost his edge.

Watched Inglourious Basterds the other day. Brilliant. I thought it looked stupid and put off watching it for the longest time, but finally gave in. It's now my favorite QT movie. I also really like both of the Kill Bill movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->