The 'Hat' Thread

Reaction score
I spent about a full hour rummaging through an antique store's walk-in vintage closet yesterday.
I realized I'm jonesing for a nice cloche hat (it's the only kind that suits me, well that and a fedora), and even the fancy kind with over the top feathers and twisty things sitting on a little bun. I think I can pull off the couture look...

Here's one by Eugenia Kim that I completely adore....I'm still waiting for a reply from her store if they have stockists here in LA. My credit card info got stolen last July while I was on vacation, so I'm a little paranoid about making online purchases. No matter how credible and trustworthy an establishment is, some dishonest, fraudulent hacker will try to intercept and steal your $$$ no matter what...but that's another completely different topic.

Anyway, here it is. More photos will follow...I wanna see fun, fanciful hats so do share! :flower:

:o love those! esp. the second :heart:
remember those awful alice roi 'doily bow' hats??!! :cry:
the flying NUN :woot:

those are the cutest hats!!! I love hats. I have about everystyle from fedoras to cuban hats.

I posted this in another section. Sorry to be posting again... I wasnt sure where to post it.

Hi.
I was just wondering if anyone knows what designer made this hat or where I can get one exactly like it? It has to be exact & pink too. Im really picky about this one lol.

I thought it might be vintage when I first saw it on Liv but then I saw it on Kylie in a cream color so Im thinking its designer but WHO?

Heres a couple pictures of the hat...

misc5711.jpg

misc5708.jpg

Thanks for your help. :heart:

Sorry, I can't see your photos. Maybe AsYouLikeIt will have ideas as she makes hats!

I know the hat you're talking about Tiff (of course :wink:) and I also saw it on Sarah Jessica Parker in an episode of Sex and the City.. Still no clues as to who the designer is though :unsure:

Hey. :lol:

It is by Missoni I guess. I have seen the one on the Missoni website & I dont think it looks exactly like the one Liv has but who knows.

I dont think I want it anymore though lol... since I found out it was worn on Sex in the City. :yuk:
I dont want anyone coming up to me thinking Im wearing it because of that show or Sarah Jessica Parker. No, no, noooooooooooo YUCKY. :lol:

It was adorable on liv though... what a shame. :(

Maybe Ill get one like it later after all the popularity from SitC is gone. :wink:

We're going to this party on Saturday evening, and I've just found out that it's a '...wear a hat party'. All of my hats, bar, berets and winter woolies are packed up at home, another country. So I'm thinking of making a hat. Prob from cardboard. :wacko:

Does anyone have any sites or recommendations? :ninja:

I've got a couple of days :unsure: to make something

Allie :flower:

I attended a hat party a month ago, and I was in the need of a hat, cause I have a lot of colorful fedoras, but I wanted something funkier...so, I made an oversized gold beaded beret, that took me like two days to hand bead :doh: but the results were awesome, and , to top it off, I sold it the day after to a friend who loved the hat at the party :lol:

Originally posted by Alejandro@Mar 25th, 2004 - 3:37 pm
I attended a hat party a month ago, and I was in the need of a hat, cause I have a lot of colorful fedoras, but I wanted something funkier...so, I made an oversized gold beaded beret, that took me like two days to hand bead :doh: but the results were awesome, and , to top it off, I sold it the day after to a friend who loved the hat at the party :lol:
:P oo! do you have a pic of the beret that you can post?

Originally posted by shoe_gal_04@Mar 25th, 2004 - 3:44 pm

:P oo! do you have a pic of the beret that you can post?
If I did I would have posted one :wink:

I have to go to my friend's house and search through their albums, and scan one :doh:

there was a group of girls at the club last night wearing them so... yes!

You can probably find something cool at a thrift shop. Most of my hats that I didn't personally make I bought secondhand. I have two awesome vintage Stetson tweed hats, a couple of those dinky little 1950s beanies with flowers and veils, and an awesome 1940s ladies' velour Homburg with colored feathers in the hatband. The most I ever paid for a hat was $20 for that 1940s hat. Since hardly anyone ever wears hats anymore, they tend to be very affordable at thrift and vintage shops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->