THE iconic handbag, in your opinion

woodstock

Reaction score
What would be the ultimate iconic handbag, in your opinion?

Would it be something by Chanel, or Hermes, or Louis Vuitton? Or are all of those being diluted by the sheer amount in use these days? Whom else might hold that honor now?

Classic, understated, tasteful, expensive... I want to buy something that says these things but I can't quite bring myself to get an LV because I see them everywhere...

Thanks. I see many threads but I didn't see one that was specific to THE ultimate iconic bag.

Hermés Birkin and the Kelly bag are the most iconic handbags - in my opinion.The use of the leather,and its silhouette is amazing,if I saw a woman with a Birkin I'd think that she is a great woman,with a classic,tasteful but fresh style at the same time,I'd admire her so much!It's so beautiful,and luxurious.There aren't any huge logos on the bag(like on the Louis Vuitton bags)you can choose from a tons of colours and leather styles.Hermés really defines luxury for me,though i don't own any of their products,but i am 100% sure that their bags' quallity is exquisite! I hope you are going to make the right decision.^_^^_^:wink:

eventually the kelly will survive longer than the birkin and the 2.55 chanel

LV is iconic. The second place is for Birkin. I've never liked it. If you're asking me, I'll choose Gucci Boston bag, Tod's D bag (I know - looks like Birkin, but I prefer this one) or Chanel 2.55.

I think the Chanel 2.55 is the best classic. a 20 yr old or an 85 yr old can wear it and still look super chic.

Birkins are definitely the most famous and "iconic", but I feel like the Chanel 2.55 is the most accessible- it'll definitely cost you a pretty penny, but it's not for the top 1% only the way the Birkin is. In my opinion, that makes it the preeminent handbag.

Chanel 2.55 and the Birkin tie for most iconic, imo.

Those two will never go out of style.

Chanel 2.55 for me. It's timeless and can be carried by people of all ages. I tend to find the Birkin and Kelly odd on younger women/ girls.

Hermes Birkin and Kelly- I think the Kelly has a more classic silhouette than the Birkin but Birkin has become so iconic. I guess so is the Kelly in a way...ugh Chanel flap bags follow really close behind! I also think that Celine is producing some bags that will be considered iconic in the future- or at least should be! ah...

Hermes Kelly. Birkins and 2.55's are overexposed to me. When Flo Rida starts rapping about them, they aren't classy anymore IMHO. I think the Kelly is very elegant and timeless but less "in your face" than the Birkin.

I agree with most of the comments here. I think the Birkin is the most recognized and iconic handbag in the world, followed by the classic 2.55 flap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miumeow
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->