The Knife

^ugh,you are so lucky she's playing chicago. wish she were in atlanta or boston.

anybody loving the new electro opera collab they're doing with mt. sims and planningtorock called tomorrow,in a year. it's really,really interesting. they're actually giving away a free download 'colouring of pigeons' on their site if you sign up on their mailing list. it's very good! it really feels like a new depth for the knife with the added artists + a bit of karin's influence from fever ray being carried over a bit. a lot more organics involved with real instruments and of course the opera elements as well.

I love "Colouring of pigeons". It's really good!

^^ I loved the entire album...Really experimental and wonderful :smile: Cannot wait to get my little hands on a copy!

^I love this song. One of my favourite.

Ps. Have you heard Fever Ray? It's Karin's solo album. Really good!!!

speaking of which,would it be okay to make this a dual "the knife/fever ray" thread?

i had to post this because as usual with karin it's just genius and mind-blowing.

how is that for a proper "statement"?! essentially she's saying awards and ceremonies have no true value on music and creativity.

^ Best acceptance speech ever.
The ones who don't seek attention and glory truly are the ones who deserve it.

Karin Andresson is like my fav musician ever.I actually prefer Fever Ray but anything by Karin is awesome.
And that aceptance speech.I heard it was for the women in the middle east who are trown acid to their faces because of something I can't remember.

^I don't like how everybody automatically assumed that it had something to do with gaga or competing with gaga. why must everything being about gaga? can anybody not do anything without something being related to gaga?

i know it was a very feminist statement,merry,and certainly i heard that interpretation as well. and it makes sense and speaks volumes about the small number of female voices in our world. just the fact that she just moaned speaks loudly to that.

Heartbeats (live) is litarely the best song EVER..i think its the most played song on my ipod

^I don't like how everybody automatically assumed that it had something to do with gaga or competing with gaga. why must everything being about gaga? can anybody not do anything without something being related to gaga?

i know it was a very feminist statement,merry,and certainly i heard that interpretation as well. and it makes sense and speaks volumes about the small number of female voices in our world. just the fact that she just moaned speaks loudly to that.

I know im so sick of Gaga being everywhere.There is nothing behind her style or most of what she does, and we have Fever Ray or Iamamiwhoami who sends messages trough their appearence and stuff, and actually make better music then Gaga.Gaga is like so overrated.

Yes that is one of the things I love about what Karin andresson does.Everything has like a thousand different meanings.Like in the song she sung with Royksopp What else is there.She's like my idol

Last edited by a moderator:
Heartbeats (live) is litarely the best song EVER..i think its the most played song on my ipod
I agree, same here. It's just so damn beautiful. So many emotions,and the lyric is amazing as well. Pure heaven :heart:

^^YES!!

This has become weirdly my ne fav from them...its soo different from anything i ever heard(or ever been interested in)

The Knife - "Geology"

So it's the last day of the touring, gonna miss them very very much.:ermm:

Oh yeah today ?
Too bad. They're all gonna work on their own, I guess.
When they announced they were stopping The Knife, I've read the band was actually made of a lof of different people, and not always the same. Am I correct ?
Guess Karin and Olof would do good, anyway. But it would be more difficult to keep track of them.
Will Karin continue Fever Ray, btw ?
Or do they really quit music ?

oh pass this on ... first crush.
and then jose gonzalez covering them was huge !
(i was into swedish pop at this time ... with raymond och maria, etc. oh and el perro del mar. need to check what's up with this girl ...)

anyway.
bye bye.

tumblr_mrr2o4nRJ91s1r55zo1_400.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
connor44
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->