The Kooks

boho_babe

Cinematic Vision
Reaction score
I've just noticed them, a couple of tracks were on the CD at work so I listened to a few of there songs over and over. . .
I quite like the lead singers voice.
What does everyone think about them . . ?

From http://en.wikipedia.org:

TheKooks.jpg

The Kooks are an indie act from Brighton, England who draw on other styles such as post-punk.
Members
  • Luke Pritchard: lead vocals, guitar
  • Hugh Harris: lead guitar, backing vocals
  • Max Rafferty : bass, backing vocals
  • Paul Garred: drums, percussion
Their musical style is inspired by Britpop acts such as Supergrass and Blur with reggae undertones and influences such as Bob Dylan and David Bowie.

There website:
http://www.thekooks.co.uk/

I adore The Kooks! I heard Eddie's Gun aaages ago and then saw them play at uni last October - they were fab! And Luke Pritchard is a bit of a fittie, imo. Shame he's going out with that detestable Fearne Cotton. Off the album, I :heart: 'She Moves In Her Own Way'.

Fewormany said:
They remind me of 'Hot hot heat'. And i like hhh so :smile:.

I understand what you mean! I thought that about Eddie's Gun, but I don't think that so much anymore. I like them, but they arent anything too special. They are just pleasant! ^_^

wow boho_babe, where do you work that you get such awesome music? I wish i were half as lucky the cd at my work place is pretty much crappy....

as far as the kooks go they're on my "to check out" list, just havn't gotten there yet, but one things for sure, they're a band full of good looking people :smile:

I like them, I bought theri Cd some weeks ago and it's really catchy, I'm addicted now to Sofa song, and I also love Seaside, Eddie's gun and You don't love me.

Glad to see some response to their thread :clap:

wow boho_babe, where do you work that you get such awesome music? I wish i were half as lucky the cd at my work place is pretty much crappy....

We're not normally lucky with the CD's we get sent through, but this was a good one!

The Kooks...my new obsession. :blush: :heart: :woot:

I heard many songs but fell in love...madly...with NAIVE.

The voice in that song is damn hot and I simply can't get enough. And I think the video matches the song really well...just PERFECT!!

LOVE Luke!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Their album is on my 'Must get as soon as possible' list!:lol:

I love 'Naive', it's always going round my head. I can't wait to hear the album.

Did anyone notice the resemblance of Pulp's "She's A Lady" with the ending part of The Kooks' "I Want You Back"?

STRANGE.

Fewormany said:
They remind me of 'Hot hot heat'. And i like hhh so :smile:.

Yes, very much so.
I think their music has a kind of pretentious swagger, but I like that.

_beat said:
I adore The Kooks! I heard Eddie's Gun aaages ago and then saw them play at uni last October - they were fab! And Luke Pritchard is a bit of a fittie, imo. Shame he's going out with that detestable Fearne Cotton. Off the album, I :heart: 'She Moves In Her Own Way'.

:lol: I couldn't have put it better myself!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->