The Last Movie You Saw?

I saw Fincher's latest, The Killer. My initial reaction was that though it was a good time, it was just all a bit soulless. I know that's sort of the point, but.... I need an emotional "in" to a movie. But as it sits with me, the nihilism just feels right. I'd watch it again.

I loved Priscilla too! Despite how gross/weird he was and how bad I felt for her, somehow the movie made me feel good? Not in a positive way but like a somber way. Maybe it was just the imagery and costumes in tandem with sitting in light air-conditioning with my coat on lol. I thought Cailee Spaeny portrayed her innocence and emptiness very well. Elvis was such a creep... All I could think of was Kanye West when he was directing Priscilla how to look and what to wear like she was his personal doll.

Reactions: KoV
I can see Kanye in his behavior, too. Trying to make Kim and Amber Rose (and I'm sure every other woman he's had as a partner) his little dress-up dolls. I'm hesitant to try and psychoanalyze people, because in all likelihood I'm wildly off, but it seems a bit..... gay. And I hated that I actually agreed with his assessments of her style in some cases lol. Luckily I've never given a rat's @ss about Elvis, but it's hard to imagine seeing Priscilla and not coming away with such disgust for him. I thought Sofia and Jacob tried to imbue him with a little humanity, just to try and show him from Priscilla's perspective a bit. I found myself relating to Priscilla in all the wrong ways. I've seen people say she wasn't developed enough, they didn't get a sense of who she is, etc. To me, that's kind of the entire point and much of what makes the movie so poignant. I want to go see it again and bask in the details.

I totally got the gay vibe too... I don't know much about him either and idk if that was just the way they portrayed him but he very much came across that way. He was so distant with her and I like lol'd at the scene where as they jumped in bed he rushed for the sleeping pills and she was like wait what. Since watching I've looked him up and it seemed like he had a "fear" of sex, which could be caused by many things I guess. And I totally agree with your take on the point! She was only 14 and basically grew up ALONE in a house a world away from her parents with this much older guy who not only used her but also kept her at more than an arms distance away for most of the time they were together. Being at those parties not being familiar with anyone or knowing what to say. She felt so empty. And that scene of Priscilla trying to hang out with the girls in the office and the manager or whoever came in and told her to gtfo :pleading:

Took the Jacob Elordi bait and watched Saltburn this weekend. Was not expecting that scene to happen lol. Rosamund Pike needs to be nominated at least for her performance!!

DONT SPOIL i don't know wtf "that scene" means lol I'm excited. I love Rosamund Pike she was such a f*cking b*tch in "I Care a Lot" with that f*ck @ss bob puffing away at her vape

:rollingeyes: and of course I just saw it popped up blatantly written out on twitter UGH I wanted to be surprised

Took the Jacob Elordi bait and watched Saltburn this weekend. Was not expecting that scene to happen lol. Rosamund Pike needs to be nominated at least for her performance!!
I wonder what scene you're talking about. There's THREE scenes that made me ask "WTF?" And, of course, the final scene w/ just Barry was fabulous.

I saw Jane by Charlotte the other day, cause of Jane's passing and I found it on Amazon.. and I had no idea where it was going but by the time it ended I realised it was.. some kind of exit interview, like one last chance to try as best as you can to immortalize your time with your mom and it made me.. sob, and definitely made me want to buy a plane ticket and be with my mom. Highly NOT recommended if you're in a great mood and want to stay like that.

Have you seen “Jane B. par Agnès V.”?

^ I have not! it's been on my list of films to watch for at least a decade! haha (I will watch it during the holidays, I promise!).

Watched When Evil Lurks and well... I was not expecting it to be so graphic. But it's very good, definitely the best horror film I've seen this year.

^ it's films/docs I haven't watched so I don't know what they're like! it's small, just to have it as a reminder somewhere, I started it around 2009 and I think I last updated it around the pandemic (I added Harry Potter- which I still haven't seen) but, I haven't made many efforts, some I have already watched (I watched In the Bedroom and 4 Weddings and A Funeral this year- hated both!), some of it I'll just take out because.. say no to gratuitous stress.

3 Women, Ivan’s Childhood, The Wild Blue Yonder, I Wish I Knew, Urga, Entre Le Murs, Vozvrashchenie, Midnight Cowboy, Benacerraf's Araya, Olympia, The Cider House Rules, La Mansión de la Locura (I recently read a book by Leonora Carrington and my love for her skyrocketed so I should probably really make an effort to find this!), Medea, Hills Without Names, Zabriskie Point, 4 Weddings and a Funeral, 5 Broken Cameras, Michael Collins, You’ve Got Mail, One11, The Animal (I don't know what this is but doubt it's the Rob Schneider movie google is showing lol), Carne, Kung Fu Master, Jane B by Agnes V*, La Belle Noiseuse, The Powder & The Glory, Tyulpan, In the Bedroom, Still Walking (won't watch either..), all of Visconti's films before Death in Venice (don't know what's up with this), George Harrison: Living in the Material World, Into The Abyss (this I will make it my mission to watch before 2023 ends!), Melissa P., This is not a film, The Phantom of Liberty, Uma noite em 67, Antichrist (absolutely will not watch), Lux Æterna, Harry Potter.
*I think I just wanted to see Jane's work post-Serge..

For whatever reason, before the list starts, all of Giuseppe de Santis' filmography is at the very top, in bold, even some random films I can't find on wiki (e.g. Today and another day).. and it's cracking me up because I.... have no idea who Giuseppe de Santis is 🤣.. I guess I put it in bold because I knew I would forget. If you've seen his films (or any of the ones above -besides Jane B!), I will take recommendations on where to start!

^ it's films/docs I haven't watched so I don't know what they're like! it's small, just to have it as a reminder somewhere, I started it around 2009 and I think I last updated it around the pandemic (I added Harry Potter- which I still haven't seen) but, I haven't made many efforts, some I have already watched (I watched In the Bedroom and 4 Weddings and A Funeral this year- hated both!), some of it I'll just take out because.. say no to gratuitous stress.

3 Women, Ivan’s Childhood, The Wild Blue Yonder, I Wish I Knew, Urga, Entre Le Murs, Vozvrashchenie, Midnight Cowboy, Benacerraf's Araya, Olympia, The Cider House Rules, La Mansión de la Locura (I recently read a book by Leonora Carrington and my love for her skyrocketed so I should probably really make an effort to find this!), Medea, Hills Without Names, Zabriskie Point, 4 Weddings and a Funeral, 5 Broken Cameras, Michael Collins, You’ve Got Mail, One11, The Animal (I don't know what this is but doubt it's the Rob Schneider movie google is showing lol), Carne, Kung Fu Master, Jane B by Agnes V*, La Belle Noiseuse, The Powder & The Glory, Tyulpan, In the Bedroom, Still Walking (won't watch either..), all of Visconti's films before Death in Venice (don't know what's up with this), George Harrison: Living in the Material World, Into The Abyss (this I will make it my mission to watch before 2023 ends!), Melissa P., This is not a film, The Phantom of Liberty, Uma noite em 67, Antichrist (absolutely will not watch), Lux Æterna, Harry Potter.

For whatever reason, before the list starts, all of Giuseppe de Santis' filmography is at the very top, in bold, even some random films I can't find on wiki (e.g. Today and another day).. and it's cracking me up because I.... have no idea who Giuseppe de Santis is 🤣.. I guess I put it in bold because I knew I would forget. If you've seen his films (or any of the ones above -besides Jane B!), I will take recommendations on where to start!
Thanks for your list! I’ve seen some of them and they’re very memorable - so I have a good feeling about the rest. I’ll compile a list but might whittle it down to a theme or else it’ll ramble on lol… maybe fashion films like The Bitter Tears of Petra von Kant?

ps. I was up late last night looking up movies on your list so now I have the worst bags under my eyes - there’s a joke there somewhere… I was reminded of these:
Have you seen Niki de Saint Phalle’s “Un rêve plus long que la nuit”? Altman’s “Brewster McCloud”? (Shelley Duvall!!!) William Klein’s “Mr. Freedom”? Most of his work actually - I’ve been trying to watch the Little Richard documentary but it’s rarely screened here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->