The LV Manhattan Bags

Diorling

Reaction score
The Manhattan bags are up at LV...I dont like them very much. There is something about them I don't like, they look stilted or too busy or something.

Manhattan GM
M40025_large.jpg

Manhattan PM
M40026_large.jpg

Hudson
M40027_large.jpg

There is also an animation for the Monogram Cerises, it's really creepy the cherries are like throbbing and attacking a defenseless Speedy. :blink:

ewww they are all ugly...
esp the hudson... :o

and im someone who usually likes LV!

Diorling said:
The Manhattan bags are up at LV...I dont like them very much. There is something about them I don't like, they look stilted or too busy or something.

Manhattan GM
M40025_large.jpg

There is also an animation for the Monogram Cerises, it's really creepy the cherries are like throbbing and attacking a defenseless Speedy. :blink:

Marc Jacobs Venetia Bag

p10699230_ph_hero.jpg

hmmmm :innocent:

I dont like them either- all those buckles and metal stuff cheapens them.

Not a fan of this Manhattan line.

A bit disappointed with this Manhattan line. Seems like MJ is running out of ideas. :blush: I quiet like him:heart: :heart:

selma blair already has the manhattan gm... :yuK:

yeah, they are VERY similar to mj in terms of the shape of the bags and the shape of the locks. not my cup of tea

I think they look really fake. Like when fake producers use "Gucci" logo fabric on a "Dior" saddle bag. I loose a lot of respect for Marc when I see these, even though I am sure he had very little envolvement in "designing" them, it just reminds me that he is a complete and total sell out.

I like the manhattan pm, and have since i first saw it, i don't like the others though, too busy for my tastes.

there has already been a thread on this somewhere on here before btw.

Too similar to the marc jacobs bags.. -_- and then I think the monogram makes it look too busy..

and this:

Manhattan PM
M40026_large.jpg

looks too much like this:

Marc Jacobs Blake
NMV3358_mn.jpg

i didn't like any of the vuitton bags for spring, but the ones for f/w are nice...

ohh.. I like the Manhattan PM, first LV monogram bag I ever liked..

Im not very into the straps down the middle - that might be what makes them look so bad..

MJCouture said:
I loose a lot of respect for Marc when I see these, even though I am sure he had very little envolvement in "designing" them, it just reminds me that he is a complete and total sell out.

I believe I heard somewhere that Marc Jacobs did design these for LV... true? Can anyone confirm this?

(I really like the Manhattan, although I am in the minority!) :innocent:

Last edited by a moderator:
EbayFashionista said:
I believe I heard somewhere that Marc Jacobs did design these for LV... true? Can anyone confirm this?

(I really like the Manhattan, although I am in the minority!) :innocent:
He could have although something like this I think he just approved. When you work at a huge brand like LV there are lots of designers running around below you, so probably one thought lets ripoff our head designer. Marc probably had the biggest influence on the Monogram Cerises and Monogram Denim as well as the runway bags.

Last edited by a moderator:
These bags could not scream Marc Jacobs anymore than they already do.

reminds me of something you'd get off ebay.. "LV bowling bag"

I love the Manhattan PM; I could care less that it looks like a MJ Blake ripoff. :ninja: Plus, it's one of the younger-looking bags in the LV monogram line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robert0199
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->