The Makeup Help and Tips Thread

Pink or pink tones of nail polish (especially vibrant shades of pink) can tend to look slightly trashy on blonds with blue eyes.

Be sure to keep your whole look neat and simple if you go for dark cherry nail polish which I think looks gorgeous with everything.

The best way to go if you're unsure is pale almost neutral pink nail polish. It's fool proof, goes with everything and sure is a sexy bet. Sorry if I sound cheesy.

Other nice options: shimmery beige and vibrant red. Remember to keep nails short if your go for a vibrant red, elsewhere it can end up looking trashy. :flower:

BEST TIP: Exfoliate your skin. Great skin looks good with anything on.

Also, make sure you double check the condition of your skin AFTER you've applied foundation. Check under the sun, inside and in a strong lighting. I used to make the huge mistake of not checking and ONE DAY realised I had ugly yellow patches of foundation on my skin. :shock:

Never wear too much foundation and powder. It only worsens things.

yes... a neutral pink is best for a manicure.. or at least I think.

If your going to wear bronzer make sure you blend so you dont have that ugly streak from face to neck.

I pretty much always stick with a clear nailpolish with a bit of a white/pinkish sheen - I'm not really sure how to explain it, but I'm POSITIVE you'd be able to find it in the stores and understand what I'm saying :smile: .. goes with everything!

Use a tiny bit of Vaseline to tame your brows.

If you use a lip stain put vaseline AFTER you put the lip stain on. It will give you a moisturized look without looking like a hooker/stripper.

Add a drop of water to a powder eye shadow to make it like a liquid liner.

If you want to highlight your brow bown without looking like a drag queen use a light yellow shadow instead of that harsh glittery silver the queens use.

Lipstick can be used as blush. Just put a dot on your finger and rub it in really well on your cheaks.

Spit on a q-tip will remove anything :lol:

Putting some loose powder on your lashes before putting on mascara makes lashes super thick and long.

*edited because I cant spell!

More tips that havent been said yet.

The most basic thing is to start with a clean face...wash it before putting on some make-up.

If you want a lighter kinda more ethereal effect to powder foundation use a brush and for liquid use a harder flat brush...like a nylon brush to blend it in.

to make nude lips start with a liner then your foundation applied to lips or nude lipstick..line again and blend to the middle so that your lips dont look like they blend into your face...then gloss.

when applying things to the eye placing the pinky on your nose steady the hand.

to cover red pimples up use a green then concealer and blend then apply your regular foundation....very light shimmery and/or yellow based cream to cover dark spots.

when you want to turn the eyeshadow to a liner instead of just using water putting a few drops of visine/eye drops will keep it from cracking and it stays in place better.

clean your brushes(I do about every month) to prevent any bacteria and make up clogs in it...

grooming the eyebrows makes a big difference...shape em. to keep in place use gel or clear mascara...to fill empty spots I prefer a brown shadow applied with a angle brush to a pencil...if pencil....blend with a brush the make it look natural... (I see too many scary brows that are overy penciled in :doh: )

I have more just I cant remember LOL

thanx a lot for all your tipps!!! I bought a red one, it looks great!! no prob for keeping my nails short, they always are, I hate long nails!

thanx everyone!

Originally posted by daisyduke@Aug 17 2004, 02:59 PM
Vaseline is great for lips & mascara! it smoothes your lips and gives them a glossy shine and is thickens your lashes without color (so if you know you're getting wet or whatever..)
[snapback]335786[/snapback]​
NO, vaseline on eyebrows attracts dirt and you will get eye infection. trust me, it happened to someone i know!

I have a lot of them, but im too tired to give them away...

"I went to my shrink once and he told me to tell him everything, I did, and now he's doing my show"

Originally posted by Alejandro@Sep 1 2004, 07:40 PM
I have a lot of them, but im too tired to give them away...

"I went to my shrink once and he told me to tell him everything, I did, and now he's doing my show"
[snapback]353023[/snapback]​

:rofl: Even if you gave away your makeup tips, we could never equal to you, Ale. You're perfection :wink:

Take red food coloring and apply it to a cotton ball. Dab it on your lips lightly or more for a dramatic effect and you'll have the perfect stain if you top it off with gloss.

Add translucent powder to you lashes before applying mascara so that it'll stay on longer and make your lashes seem longer.

Heck apply tran. powder under where you put your makeup for long lasting effect.

Originally posted by Nemova@Sep 1 2004, 02:23 PM
:rofl: Even if you gave away your makeup tips, we could never equal to you, Ale. You're perfection :wink:
[snapback]353091[/snapback]​

awww :crush: Shut up, yes u can :lol:

not here, Ale, there are people watching... :lol: You're fabulous!

This makes me feel so "mom-ish," but if I goof on the liquid liner, I lick a q-tip and fix it.

Ha-Ha! i do that too.. especially to remove the extra mascara that ends up on the inside of my upper lid (get that?). Of course, i'd have just brushed my teeth & all.
:P

My tip might sound strange but it sure as hell works for me.

My friends who has gypsy origins let me in on an old recipie for spots.

Take a tiny piece of bread and mash it a little,then add a few drops of milk and make into a paste.Then put on your offending spot over night,day or whenever you do these things...

It works quite fast and you will find the combination of the milk and yeast pulls any dirt and horrible green stuff up to the top and then you can squeeze the bastard out!

Sounds bizzare but it really is good and i like the fact that it is simple and involves no chemicals and stuff. :magic:

Makeup tips for special occassion:

-Clean your face well
-Put mask after exfoliate
-The mask should be wipe a little after 5 or 10 minutes, leave a tiny mask on your face (sometime I use a lifting mask like Chanel mask lifting, or Estee lauder deep hydrating mask, Payot lift visage)
-Then apply foundation that suits to your skin to create glowing fresh look.
-Your makeup will stay all day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cg1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->