Anybody have an aesthetics license or work as a makeup artist?

lizzyb831

Reaction score
I was thinking about going to beauty school to get an esthetics license so I can get a job at MAC. I know you don't really need any formal training for other makeup counters like Clinique or something. But I know for MAC you need to have some experience.

I was also thinking of maybe getting a job at a makeup counter, not MAC, to get some experience. But I don't really want to work at another counter forever and I don't use or have any other makeup, only MAC.

Any advice?

I think PradaP might be one, not sure though. But she's gives
good advices and is really into make up. :wink:

IMO, aesthetics school is a waste of time and money. The teachings of makeup application in aesthetics school is very minimal and not so decent. You may as well attend a real school where they teach you professional makeup artistry and get your money's worth.
Start practicing on your friends if you haven't already so you're comfortable with auditioning a makeup application for MAC if they asked you to. Your practices will pay off, too once you're actually in school. Set up a head-shot photo shoot with some of your friends and do the best work you can on them as a sample of your work.
Pro makeup school can definitely give you confidence about getting a position with MAC. It can only benefit your success if you intend on long-term with it since there are good opportunities that you could link up with through MAC.
Hope this helps. :lucky:

If you only wear MAC, try to ask that counter whether they give a make up course. In my town Guerlain and Chanel offer the 2 days course. I passed Chanel course, and I like to paint my friends face after that. Sometimes they ask me to do make up for the wedding ceremony, also for the traditional dancer. For dancers its a long preparation, and I ask them to come for 4 hours before time and maximum for 3 people. I like to do that even though not my permanent job. Well, its very great for yourself, if you like to do something try it, because its worth to have the experience whatever your interest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->