The Most Hideous Dress You've Ever Seen...

The third dress posted from the Chanel collection in the first post is actually quite like a number of pieces of regalia I've seen worn by some of the First Nations all over Northern America..calling it ugly is even worse than screaming about appropriation :ermm:

If my national costume was sent down the Chanel runway I would call it a very ugly chanel dress, even if I am very proud of my national costume when I wear it. I am proud of it not because it is a particularly beautiful dress, but because of what it stands for. The Chanel version is not particularly beautiful, and when that model wears it, it has no meaning, which makes it a bad dress as far as I see it. So there is a difference between calling that Chanel dress a flop and disrespecting someones regalia.

The fact that we have certain expectations of Chanel does not work in favour of the dress either. Karl has basically just attempted to make a more stylish version of a cultural atire, which was not very successful nor does it show any creativity on his part...

Has Karl said anything about why he made these dresses?

The third dress posted from the Chanel collection in the first post is actually quite like a number of pieces of regalia I've seen worn by some of the First Nations all over Northern America..calling it ugly is even worse than screaming about appropriation :ermm:

is it though? let's talk about context. i'm seeing karl lagerfeld presenting me with a suede and fur dress that's supposed to look like native americans' attire but it's being sold as a chanel ready to wear outfit.
i would never dare call anyone's regalia or traditional costume ugly cause it has history, meaning, value and (on top of it all) craftmanship behind it.
but this? it's just offensive and ugly.

J.W Anderson FW14
_ARC0422.450x675.JPG

style.com

nothing says flattering like crotch ruching.

Burberry Prorsum F/W 14.15 London

KIM_0879.450x675.JPG
:sick:

style

I was gonna post Betsey Johnson and Jeremy Scott's latest collections here but I realized it wasn't worth the effort.

Just put in everything from that finale at Moschino…good god that was awful.

I wasn't going to post anything on that thread cause everyone was raving about it. Meanwhile it looked like a Project Runway challenge to me.

I wasn't going to post anything on that thread cause everyone was raving about it. Meanwhile it looked like a Project Runway challenge to me.
It looked like a Scrapheap Challenge to me! I'm just about the only person in that thread who hates the collection, so please help me out because I'm losing the battle :smile: I cannot believe that Moschino is getting probably the most positive response I have ever seen on tFS yet it is basically just fancy dress.

:lol: You're on your own rosalynn, I'm pretty sure certain people hate my opinions enough as it is, no need to get another warning in my profile. :angry:

I guess this is the right spot to dislike the Moschino colection, I was very ufraid to show my dislike for the colection there too :lol:.
I could put every piece in this thread, what a way to ruin a great house that used to be playful but had dignity.

I've spoken out in the thread that this collection is absolutely vile. I won't argue with the rest who seem to think otherwise, they are entitled to their wrong opinions.

I mean seriously, I LIKE CANDY but I never in my wildest dreams would have thought of making clothing out of it's wrappers. If I lived in wonderland with the mad hatter maybe I'd have a change of heart.

Dolce & Gabbana F/W 2014

The fur that peeks below the shirt just creeps me out.

_KIM0345.450x675.JPG

style.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camerontroy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->