The Most Valuable Models ... Runway Models not being Paid What they are Worth?

A huge part of Gisele's success is about business sense, not just her face or her boyfriends. Somehow, she knew when to capitalise on publicity and when to preserve some integrity, when to go after an opportunity and when to say no to something. Someone like Gisele would probably be successful whatever industry they entered.

It's the ability to translate events into business agreements that benefit you, and to manage your reputation - both within the industry, and in terms of public perception. You really do have to be more than a pretty face.

I can see someone ascending to supermodel status by dating Pattinson right now (like Ali M. may wish to).

I can see someone ascending to supermodel status by dating Pattinson right now (like Ali M. may wish to).

too bad he's into a super pale girl whose one expression is a dead face.

which is also a point, too many models these days have only one expression; dead face. hardly a good way to become a supermodel.

I'm wondering if some otherwise expensive models are making themselves available to fashion shows at a bargain price, in this tough economy. They can afford to take a loss, for promotion.

In other news, the new models don't get much for exclusives... and then have those taken away at the drop of a hat.

NY Post: French fashion house Givenchy is in hot water with top modeling agencies after booking girls for "exclusives" for its Paris fashion week show Sunday night -- only to cancel on five of the models less than 24 hours before. "They booked these girls and told them they weren't allowed to walk for other designers," says one agent. "They don't even offer an 'exclusive' fee -- just 1,500 euros and press." The night before the show, Givenchy abruptly canceled five girls, claiming in an e-mail to bookers that the label had "fit issues" with them. "It was total B.S.," says our source. "We had one girl who flew to Paris all the way from Argentina. It was too late for them to get new gigs, and they had to pay for their own hotels. I've never seen something so unprofessional and arrogant." A rep for Givenchy didn't respond to requests for comment.

^^that's awful. that's why I have learned to not really put too much weight in exclusives anymore. sometimes they can be useful and really launch a girl, but other times they can be completely a waste.

That's terrible. Agencies should really fight more for their girls. Say if it's a big agency, Women lets say, don't let any of your girls to walk for that label next season or something. Is that possible?

Also, I wonder if that was Tanya Melnychuk they're talking about (flown in from Argentina)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julovw
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->