The Most "Value-for-Money" Designers?

Bumping this thread for new thoughts!!

I'm pleased to see that my views are very similar and certain items I posted about
in 2009 are still great buys in terms of style longevity and cost per wear.
Posted via Mobile Device

My vote at the moment is for Lanvin. (I don't mean the jewelry or sneakers--I do mean the clothes and bags.) No one can accuse them of underpricing, but I find myself wanting to wear things again and again, and never growing tired of them. Who can argue with quiet elegance? I think every penny is well spent ... and some pieces, even the original price seems like a bargain. The quality is good, and some of the designs are downright brilliant. Plus ... it's made for a woman (not a waif).

I like this thread. Hmm, for menswear, I'd say I get the most wear and even compliments out of my Dries Van Noten pieces and some of which I bought back in 2007. But just like in any other brand, there will always be pieces that will stand the test of time in terms of quality as well as relevance. I've been very happy with my Dries, Lanvin and Prada pieces.

Want to get rid of my Givenchy clothes. Quality is questionable and it's so copied. A lot of fake rottweiler shirts/sweater out there. :( Makes me sad that I bought mine for full price.

Really interesting about the Lanvin, I wonder if there is any around here locally that I can try on. Perhaps Saks carries it? Not sure. I love the term "quiet elegance." Some of the Lanvin I see also has a certain chic feminitity.

I forgot that I have a silk Dolce and Gabbana shirt that I adore but haven't worn in awhile. I'll have to remedy that. It was a ridiculously good value for the price, but I did buy it on heavy discount!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaykaystake
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->