The NARS Makeup thread

Girly Girl

Reaction score
I love NARS lipsticks and wanted some ideas on new colors to use. What are some of your favorite shades? Thanks for your help! :flower:

i like the lip laquer in chastity. ok that didnt really answer your question, but i believe that they have a lipstick in the same shade.

Sweets said:
i like the lip laquer in chastity. ok that didnt really answer your question, but i believe that they have a lipstick in the same shade.

Thanks! I will check it out.

NARS / questions&help request

I have very very pale porcelein skin,golden blonde hair and bluegray eyes. I'm a big fan of multi use products and I want to get a great 3 in 1 prdouct for eeys,cheeks and lips. I already have the clarins one in tender raspberry and now I want a stick one. is nars multiple good? which shades should i go for?

I highly recommend Nars Multiples... I love the cream to powder texture, easy application... And depending on how you blend and where you put it, most colors can be used and look good on anyone... What style are you looking for? Is there a store nearby where you can try them on? For a neutral glow, I'd recommend the Maldives (pink champagne color w/ shimmer)... or Copacabana (a "glistening pearl" color). Deeper bronzes or plums also are great for fall... depending on the color theme you're looking for.

I'm looking for something natural and romantic,so the pink champagne shade sounds perfect :smile:

I just found the selection of shades at narscosmetics.com. I want them all! Riviera,Maui and South Beach look gorgeous too.

www.narscosmetics.com is often sold out in certain colors (I don't know why they don't have a full stock of everything considering it's their site). I think www.sephora.com also carries NARS. I'm a big fan of their products. I think NARS is owned by the same parent company as Sheisedo (not that that matters a whole lot). I think their shadows are the most delicate of textures.

south beach, maldives, and portofino are nice.

stila also has some convertible color items if you want to check those out too

Does anyone know if NARS eyeshadows are any good? I'm interested in purchasing the duos Paris and Sea, Sex & Sun.

I love nars eyeshadows... the colors and texture are great on all skin colors. if you combine them with an eyeshadow base (i use consealer underneath), the colors POP!

I have Sea, Sex, & Sun, and I wore it almost every day last summer. I'm starting to wear it again as I wear more gold.

Colors are really versatile, blend well, and the powders are of a very velvety fine texture... highly recommended.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've only tried the Rated R Duo, but the colors blend like a dream and they're really vibrant. I don't see why any of the others would be of lesser quality. I say go for it! ^_^

I have Sea, Sex & Sun and its great. Really wearable beautiful colors. Nars eyeshadows are wonderful.

My friend has Rated R and is addicted to it. I love Strada. Its probably my favorite color, its so beautiful, words cant describe it.

Hi,

Nars products are not available where I live and I am planning to ask a friend to buy me from abroad. But since I do not have a chance to try them or actually see them can anyone using them help me, and comment on the products below?

Nars Sparkling Loose Powder: Is it too sparkly and glittery???? I usually wear minimal make up so I need it to make skin look dewy and highlighted but not glittery....

Nars Orgazm Blush: Likewise how is the texture, does it look natural?

and finally the all about eve duo eyeshadow: the site explains it as flesh toned, is anyone using them?? I would like to use them everyday as "no make up" make up, would they be OK for this purpose??

thanks in advance for your comments and help

I think orgasm blush and all about eve duo are nice.

Orgasm is a very nice pinkish peach which will look good on most of skintone. The texture is very fine. It is a little bit glittery (better for going out: but everyday use is fine). It is very highly pigmented, but if you use light hand, it'll look natural. & It will last forever (Mine still looks new even after 1 & half years)...

All about eve is nice basic nude. The colors look boring in the pan, but they look very nice once applied & very versatile.

I didn't try powder you mentioned... but I find their usual loose powder very nice... you can take a look at www.makeupalley.com for more reviews... hope that it helps...

Last edited by a moderator:
They used to sell NARS here and suddenly they stopped. No idea why, I'm so dissapointed!

It irritates me so much when they don´t sell certain brands on some countries...i certainly understand you Golden Butterfly! :wink:
Here there aren´t so mannnnnny brands available....Benefit, NArs, Shu Uemura, just to name a few.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->