The NARS Makeup thread

solg, it has a satin finish, and while I'm more towards the sensitive/normal skin during winter, I tend to have combination skin during summer, and I'd say it gives a nice subtle dewy finish without being too glowy.

^ Thank you! I don't actually have an issue with dewy finishes, I actually prefer them, but some bases can feel way too greasy sometimes. I'm decided to give it a try :flower:

Apparently NARS will be launching an Andy Warhol collection, with a taster of some of the items to come (temptalia.com:(

Some more shots from the Andy Warhol collection (same source:(

Too wild for me (color wise), but definitely beautifully packed, thanks for sharing that tigerrouge.

I recently bought Outlaw blush, so glad they re-released it, it's a favorite.

Indeed. ^_^

NARS%2BAndy%2BWarhol%2BNail%2BPolish%2Bgroup%2Bshot.jpg

and
PHOTO BOOTH GIFT SET NAIL POLISH
Silver Factory, Chelsea Girls, Soup Can, Back Room
NARS%2BAndy%2BWarhol%2BPhoto%2BBooth%2Bproducts.jpg

NARS%2BAndy%2BWarhol%2BWalk%2BOn%2Bthe%2BWild%2BSide%2Bproducts.jpg
NARS%2BAndy%2BWarhol%2BBeautiful%2BDarling%2Bproducts.jpg

scrangie

The NARS x Guy Bourdin Collection for Holiday 2013 (temptalia.com:(

The color collection will launch October 15th at NARS boutiques and NARS’ website, and then Sephora, department stores, etc. on November 1st.

The color colllection contains 16 new, limited edition shades, plus Exhibit A (permanent blush). New Eyeshadow and Lipstick formulas in Cinematic Eyeshadow (“high-pearl, high-metallic payoff”) and Cinematic Lipstick (“superglossy, high-shine”) retailing for $24 and $26 respectively. There will be four polishes at $19 and blushes for $29.

There will also be a separate gifting collection made up of eight sets that will launch on November 1st. These gifting sets include some bestsellers (like Orgasm, Deep Throat, and Laguna) as well as new shades.

Products mentioned:

• One Night Stand Cheek Palette ($65) (Sephora Exclusive)
  • Promiscuous Mini Lip Coffret ($45) (Sephora Exclusive)
  • Fling Lip Kit ($49)
  • Crime of Passion Face Kit ($59)
  • Beautiful Stranger Nail Polish Coffret ($35)
  • Voyeur Mini Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner Coffret ($49)
  • Cosmetic Pouchette with Heart Design ($75)
  • Splendor in the Grass Cheek Palette ($49)

More info (temptalia.com:(

NARS x Guy Bourdin Gifting Collection

As a child, NARS Founder and Creative Director François Nars discovered Guy Bourdin’s work in the pages of French Vogue. It was then that Nars was first inspired to become a makeup artist. Today François Nars honors Bourdin’s legacy with an entire limited edition collection for Holiday 2013, created in the spirit of Guy Bourdin: bold, uncompromising color and high-impact finishes in shades that launch us into his intriguing, high-fashion world.

Splendor in the Grass Blush Palette ($49.00) (Limited Edition) (NARScosmetics.com/Boutique Exclusive)

• Sex Appeal - Matte soft peach
  • Albatross - Luminous glow
  • Dolce Vita - Matte dusty rose
  • Angelika - Cotton candy pink with gold and silver sparkle
Cosmetic Pochette ($75.00)

• Makeup bag with black and red heart design.
Fling Lip Set ($49.00) (Limited Edition)

• Dolce Vita Mini Velvet Matte Lip Pencil - Dusty rose
  • Baroque Mini Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil - Raspberry sorbet
  • Roman Holiday Lipstick - Pretty pastel with delicate hint of pink
  • Damage Lipstick - Sheer muted grape
  • Keepsake Lacquered Lip Case
Crime of Passion Set ($59.00) (Limited Edition)

• Deep Throat Larger Than Life Lipgloss - Shimmering sheer peach (New)
  • Jezebel Eyeshadow - Shimmering sable (New)
  • Naiade Eyeshadow - Metallic rose (New)
  • Pandora Eyeshadow - Rich black matte
  • Deep Throat Blush - Sheer peach
  • Laguna Bronzing Powder - Brown powder with golden shimmer
Voyeur Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner Set ($49.00) (Limited Edition)

• Via Appia - Copper brown
  • Most Wanted - Cyan blue (New)
  • Blue Dahlia - Deep violet (New)
  • Santa Monica Blvd. - White
  • Via Veneto - Jet black
Beautiful Stranger Nail Polish Set ($35.00) (Limited Edition)

• Lost Red - Bright red
  • Shameless Red - Bright pink
  • Dance Dance Dance - Bright purple
  • Manosque Deep - Smoky lavender
One Night Stand Blush Palette ($65.00 (Limited Edition) (Sephora Exclusive)

• Devotee Highlighting Blush - Alabaster glow (New)
  • Mistinguette Blush - Bright pink (New)
  • Goulue Blush - Fleshy pink (New)
  • Laguna Bronzer - Brown powder with golden shimmer
  • Orgasm Blush - Peachy pink with golden shimmer
  • Deep Throat Blush - Sheer peach
Promiscuous Lip Set ($45.00) (Limited Edition) (Sephora Exclusive)

• Cruella Mini Velvet Matte Lip Pencil - Passionate scarlet red
  • Sex Machine Mini Velvet Lip Pencil - Innocent pink mauve
  • Dolce Vita Mini Velvet Matte Lip Pencil - Dusty rose
  • Never Say Never Mini Velvet Matte Lip Pencil - Pink lilac
  • New Lover Mini Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil - Gold infused strawberry pink
Availability: The Gifting collection launches on November 1st at NARS boutiques and online, department and specialty retailers, Sephora/sephora.com

And more about the colour collection (temptalia.com:(

NARS x Guy Bourdin Color Collection

Cinematic Eyeshadow ($24.00) (Limited Edition)

• Wishful Thinking - Macaw blue
  • Rage Electric - orchid
  • Bad Behaviour - Deep pewter
  • Cambodia - Pink Copper
  • Mississippi Mermaid - Champagne
Cinematic Lipstick ($26.00) (Limited Edition)

• Future - Red Cherry
  • Short Circuit - Fire coral
  • Last Tango - Dusty rose
  • Goodbye Emmanuelle - Hot pink
  • Full Frontal - Rose violet
Blush ($29.00) (Limited Edition)

• Exhibit A - Matte, vivid red
  • Coeur Battant - Magenta
  • Day Dream - Peachy pink
Nail Polish ($19.00) (Limited Edition)

• Tomorrow’s Red - Scarlet flame
  • Follow Me - Deep fuchsia
  • No Limits - Bright pink violet
  • Union Libre - Blossom pink
Availability: The Color collection launches on October 15 at NARS boutiques and online.

I really wanted the Adult Content blush palette but my local Space NK has sold out already, my own fault for waiting so long :rolleyes:

i'm so lusting after Splendor in the grass set. eff the actual product i want that box; its divine! i find most NARS products ott with glitter but Im missing my Scarlet Empress lipstick very badly which i lost a few months back.

Nars Responds to Customers Against Animal Testing

Fans are asking the brand not to sell in China.

Teen VogueJUL 5, 2017 1:44PM EDT

Normally, makeup fans head to Nars Cosmetics’s Instagram to check out the prettiest new launches and looks to try. But scroll through the brand’s most recent posts, and you’ll notice that commenters are speaking up about something else: the company’s decision to sell in China. In case you’re unfamiliar, China requires animal testing for certain products, meaning brands who want to enter the market must submit to the practice under law and no longer qualify as cruelty-free. Many Nars fans are unhappy with what they view as the company’s changed stance — expressing their displeasure with #stopanimalcruelty and #saynotoanimaltesting comments.

Given the overwhelming backlash, Nars broke their silence today and directly addressed their customers with an Instagram post. “We want you to know that we hear you,” they wrote. “The global elimination of animal testing needs to happen. We firmly believe that product and ingredient safety can be proven by non-animal methods, but we must comply with the local laws of the markets in which we operate, including in China. We have decided to make NARS available in China because we feel it is important to bring our vision of beauty and artistry to fans in the region. NARS does not test on animals or ask others to do so on our behalf, except where required by law.”
Judging by the response, many fans are still unsatisfied with that answer, given that the company is still moving forward with their initial decision. “If you want a cruelty free world, don't do it, don't sell in China,” wrote Instagram user @vnocemakeup. “Make China change their laws and then we can speak about global elimination of animal testing.” Other comments echoed those sentiments, pointing out that the explanation didn’t make sense.
While the brand is currently sticking to their plan to sell in China, they did add that they are seeking other ways to eliminate animal testing globally. “NARS is committed and actively working to advance alternative testing methods,” they wrote. “We are proud to support the Institute for In Vitro Sciences (IIVS), a globally recognized organization at the forefront of advancing non-animal methods in China and around the world. NARS is hopeful that together, we can work toward a cruelty-free world.”

Updated Jul. 5, 1:40PM: Beauty guru and animal advocate Kat Von D just added her voice to the conversation in an Instagram post that's quickly gone viral. Kat has been very vocal about the need for beauty brands to go cruelty-free and she illustrated her point with a series of images on her feed. "I don't normally post graphic images on my Instagram, but due to the terrible news we all got this week when @narsissist announced they've decided to start testing their cosmetics on animals, it wouldn't feel right not to say SOMETHING. I was so sad to hear this news because for years I've supported Nars beauty products because they were one of the few artistry brands that didn't test on animals, and now I am so confused/heartbroken that after all these years they would choose a paycheck over compassion," she said. She added that the images were not meant merely to shock or disturb customers, but to open their eyes to the consequences of animal-testing and make them think twice about brushing off Nars's recent news. "The images that I chose to post on this album are mild in comparison to the typical types of testing that @narsissist will now be implementing on all their products. This unnecessary cruelty is what you will be supporting every time you purchase one of their products [as well as any other company that CHOOSES to test on animals — because it is a choice]," she wrote. See her full post here (and note, as she says, that the content is disturbing).

Source: http://www.teenvogue.com/story/nars-no-longer-cruelty-free-customers-against-animal-testing

I basically live in Heat Wave lipstick during the summer but the outer tube attracts like every bit of fluff or dust that's ever been in my bag... the lipstick itself isn't affected, but anyone who likes their packaging to look pretty should keep this in mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->