The Original Balenciaga Bag

LouiseyPeasey said:
Is this related to the original bag? It just showed up on eBay (6798784021) - I'm not sure if it's totally fake, or an old original, or what.

This is exactly what my bag looks like only in a camel color. What I didn't mention before is that these bags started showing up on ebay around the same time the Le Dix was becoming popular so sellers of the authentic bags automatically deemed them fakes. I took my bag out of the closet tonight to examine it again, and the leather is not of Balenciaga quality and the lining is nylon. It looks cheap to me, but that's only because I have the real thing to compare it to.

I guess the question still remains: real or fake? :unsure:

the bag louiseypeasey posted looks fake...the leather doesn't look as nice as the bag pics nancynise posted...

also the typeface on the tag looks different from what's on the previous bag...as a graphic designer, i notice stuff like that :wink:

they had a tan suede on on ebay yesterday that looked just like the one i had posted that mysterious disappeared today...i really wanted to bid on it :angry:

there's an original balenciaga bag on ebay right now...auction #6799318033...

it looks like the one nancynise posted...

the original is so much better than the newer classique.

Wat! It ended with a BIN of $255!!! :shock:

Maybe I am too used to the present classiques..the original looks a little "faceless" to me, though it is still an interesting bag :rolleyes:

I'm very curious about the Loehmans Balenciaga bags. I have one that looks like the one in post 25 except it is brown. I want to sell it on ebay but I don't want to misrepresent and claim that it is authentic when it's not. Has anyone found out for sure the story behind these bags?

I recently found one of these loehmann's balenciaga bags and my feeling is that it is authentic, although not special. I also own a 2001 Le Dix the first even moto bal bag, it came with a dust bag that has a logo on it the same as page three. The loehmann's balenciaga's tag has the exact same logo as my le dix. I think it pre-dates N.G. arrival to Balenciaga, but it's still an interesting bag none the less.

Hey Lousey, that's cool how you pasted the logo in! :D

So it seems like the bags are for real. They must have been from a very old collection that Loehmanns got a hold of. Do you work in the fashoin industry?

^^That's my conclusion too.

I have one!

And by I, I really mean my mother has the original. She bought it years ago and doesn't really like the new style. I have like 7 of the new style bags, mostly part time and city, but I really love the original. It is exactly like the picture posted but it is dark brown suede. So beautiful! :P

My knowledge is:
Balenciaga was a Basque designer (officially Spain) and his collections were very famous in Spain at the times of my granny. By the late 60´s he sold the rights for his bags and accesories to a Spanish company, that keeps producing them with the logo showed above. When Balenciaga came back to life in the late years as a super brand they wanted to get all the licenses and copyrights they had sold in the past. But they couldn´t. That Spanish company keeps producing real Balenciaga bags, shoes and accesories while the ones in Paris keep doing them as well, with a different label, logo and completely different design. Something similar happens to Dior /Christian Dior and happened to Yves Saint Laurent too. My grandmother had a real Balenciaga bag she bought in the 70´s, with the old logo and it´s just as real as everything else.

^^Interesting. My only questions is that I purchased THE famous Le Dix bag in 2001 - the first edition of the now famous flat brass first bag: BUT the dustbag that came with the bag had the OLD logo on it - the same one that's on my older Lohman's bag. So what gives?

I also wonder how old the Loehman's bag is vs. the 2001 le dix premiere?

I also have the 2001 Le dix...it just captures the essence of the bag...very rock chic unlike all the different colours, hardware nowadays (and people wearing them :innocent:)!
I don't have the dustbag anymore but I remember it was black?? I still carry it, I've bought a few B bags the last 8 years but I've never worn them or sold them to friends. I feel this bag is a true icon:heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinDeeWan
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->