Balenciaga Classic Bag

helena

Swim Upstream
Reaction score
This is my first visit to this site. I am currently considering buying a new black bag. Here is my dillema - Classic Black Balenciaga Lariat - £600; Mulberry Bayswater - £500; Balenciaga Boston Bag - £600. I like the Mulberry bag but its a little bit boring (or is it just classic) but I am worried that the Balenciaga bag has had its day - too many copies etc. Any views?

I think if it were me, I would go with the Mulberry. As much as I love my Balenciaga, I think it may begin to decline in classicness. A plain black leather handbag with a metal closure will NEVER go out. Go with the Mullbery.

Thanks for advice - I did see the Mulberry bag last week & decided not to buy it because it was unlined & just a rough leather inside. I guess at the price its quite expensive for an unlined bag? Saw pictures of Kate Moss with her Mulberry bag & it looked great on her! But then she has both!

ya know what-right after I posted I changed my mind. Who cares if it is a classic, the Balenciaga classic is a beautiful bag that, if you really love, you can get years of use from.

do you know what I think you are totally right - its a difficult one because they are both nice but the Lariat bag is so slouchy & louche looking that it can't fail to be chic. balencaiga in Paris have sold out of black so I am going to be put on their waiting list. Only concern about it being that lots of vulgar celebrities start using them. Saw an awful British celebrity in a gossip magazine with one last week (a beige one) and she just made it look cheap.

I have the Bayswater in red :heart: and it's gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! I love both bags but since I tend to carry a lot of stuff round with me (oh to be minimalist!) the Mulberry gets my vote. If you can keep the amount of junk down that you carry around, I would def. go with the Lariat.
My view is, if you love a bag to bits it doesn't matter who else has it! :flower:

Thanks for your advice - I think I will probably go for the Balenciaga - but I would love a mulberry one as well. Isn't greed a terrible thing? At least if I get the Balenciaga one I can save for it and therefore not feel so guilty about it when I do buy it!! Designer bags are just so expensive aren't they? expensive but sometimes so lovely.

a girl called Cat Deeley - I am not really a fan of hers or her style.

yes, she is on heaps of TV programmes in the UK and is always in the crap gossip magazines. Lots of boys like her - her look would appeal to men more than other women I would have thought. Might just be me though.

She proabbly has all the 'It' bags on the go at any one time - I suppose it must be boring just to buy them all though... Part of the fun is lusting after them for ages!

I didn't mind Cat so much but Donna Air really annoyed me. :wacko:

Originally posted by helena@Apr 15th, 2004 - 9:20 am
She proabbly has all the 'It' bags on the go at any one time - I suppose it must be boring just to buy them all though... Part of the fun is lusting after them for ages!
So true! :flower:

I faxed Balencaiga about getting a black one - they are all sold out just now - getting morein July.

Hooray! Decision made. thanks for lots of good advice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->