The 'Outfit Look-Alikes' Thread

Charles James "1955 Butterfly Dress" vs Schiaparelli Haute Couture F/W 2024.25
View attachment 1281827View attachment 1281828
fashionhistory.fitnyc / voguerunway
You can tell Daniel really understands what Schiaparelli is about...

13Qe.gif

i.gifer.com

Just mentioning the Discourse from Miguel Adrover about the Balenciaga show!

Next step in trolling would be Demna launching a collection of DIY kits, to mimic Ikea furniture...

A more dated version of the Balenciaga pantashoes!
It took me awhile to remember the name of the shoe designers who made similar shoes in the 1960s, they were Herbert and Beth Levine! Their "stocking boots":

1722726015190.png

1722726189381.png
minniemuse
Next step in trolling would be Demna launching a collection of DIY kits, to mimic Ikea furniture...
DIY couture with a box containing 30 black garbage bags.

This is probably closer to possible than you think. For their FW'23 show, the show invitation was a pattern for a jacket.
is-anyone-making-the-balenciaga-jacket-using-the-free-v0-fvdc2etjzsma1.jpg
Reddit

For the following show, SS'24, the soundtrack included Isabelle Huppert reading out instructions for tailoring a jacket.

I wouldn't be surprised if they end up releasing DIY kits to democratise the brand.

Any designer that put out patterns rn would be so goated. With everyone trying their hardest to larp with exclusivity and rarefication, high volume sales and consumption, putting in literally as minimal effort as possible to grow the bubble to explosion, someone coming along with the skill and transparency to just be like f*ck you here is what I do and you can too, from a cultural and creative standpoint that would blow anyone out of the water.

Any designer that put out patterns rn would be so goated. With everyone trying their hardest to larp with exclusivity and rarefication, high volume sales and consumption, putting in literally as minimal effort as possible to grow the bubble to explosion, someone coming along with the skill and transparency to just be like f*ck you here is what I do and you can too, from a cultural and creative standpoint that would blow anyone out of the water.

I've seen old Vogue pattern kits of designer looks, I remember one was Givenchy by McQueen. They're still floating around on ebay and similar places. They're kinda expensive though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s8m8f
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->