The Row F/W 2020.21 New York

Stunning Everything works here.Some looks remind me of Hermes by Margiela.

Last edited:
As much as I like it and find it very elegant and "good taste", I tend to find this look rather tiring at this point. They're wanking to their fantasy of a stylish woman who goes to art galleries and furniture shows dressed like this.

It's too styled and repetitive of what they have on the mood boards. It's never a good thing if you can see the mood boards too clearly. It's basically Greta Garbo and Katharine Hepburn 1:1. Fashion wise I see striking resemblance to some looks from Gaultier fall 2002 haute couture, plus the usual Margiela for Hermes and American fashion from the 70s and 80s. In Paris Samuel Drira has been doing this look for several brands for God knows how many years now.

It's definitely not new or fresh, and I wonder whether their collections really need shows these days, but it is undeniable that the woman you so eloquently described rip_ian curtis needs and buys these clothes. It's the sort of extremely quiet minimalism with a great cut and even more fantastic fabrics that is missing elsewhere, and for that I applaud the Olsen twins. Their business sense is incredible for allowing The Row to thrive at precisely the right time.

It’s all good as usual but I’m just not into it. And I was a big fan of Margiela at Hermès!
I see beautiful pieces but my issue is that I see a posture...With Margiela it was a particular woman, her lifestyle, her needs...etc. It wasn’t fashion.
This is just too serious and literal for my taste.

I still love the idea of The Row but this is getting too serious (and sad) for me. Whoever designs this collection is stuck in a rut.. just adding a little joy here would change a lot.

repetitive, they are.
that said, i love the ivory 3 piece suit.
vests are underrated!

It's honestly my fashion week rock along with Lemaire, something classic and sophisticated to counter each and every one of the try-hard shows I know I will have to endure.

Change may be unavoidable but a bit of routine never killed anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eskimogirl1995
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->