Your Best & Worst Collections of Haute Couture F/W 2020.21

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
Given that the haute couture season is now officially over for F/W 2020.21, how did everyone find the new digital format? I didn't think it was all that bad - but certainly prefer the conventional fashion show concept.

I must admit that the only shows I've checked out in full have been Alexandre Vauthier, Chanel and Christian Dior - to which I loved Chanel. I've always adored tweed and think Viriginie Viard produced some magnificent pieces and loved the inspiration behind the collection. The photographs by Mikael Jansson were just an added bonus!

What's been your best and worst collections of the season?

We still haven't seen Valentino and Margiela which look to be quite special when they're fully revealed. But so far:

Best
Bouchra Jarrar: Cool and relatable. Made for today.

Good
Chanel: A pale copy of Lagerfeld but I really miss him and the pictures were pretty.
Christian Dior: The video was nice enough, the pieces were classical and not trying too hard.
Alexandre Vauthier: A bit of risk would be nice.

Worst
Viktor & Rolf: Revolting.

I can’t believe that nobody said anything about Azzaro by Olivier.

Best: I think I am gonna watch videos from couture seasons from the 90s and early 00s.

Worse: Balmain, the nerve to show archival couture pieces without checking their state of conservation first.

The new digital format is better than nothing, but I miss the fashion shows!!

Best: Bouchra Jarrar - this collection was so beautiful!!
Worst: Viktor&Rolf - :sick:

With that being said....Maria Grazia really did not disappoint me for the first time ever I think lol. Admittedly, I didn’t have high hopes for Dior...but I thought this collection had some beautiful pieces. The presentation was very entertaining to watch as well.

I think this was a terrible season for Couture. While we are still waiting for Valentino, I think that maybe houses should have skipped the season and complete the orders for the SS2020 Couture season.

More than anything, I missed Karl. I missed his sense of emergency and without his voice, it seems like nobody is willing to push Couture forward (Galliano does not influence the landscape of Couture anymore). I watched a lot of Chanel Couture shows and I realized that each season got that sense of emergency.

It’s time maybe for an influential RTW designer to come to Couture and give it another energy.

That being said, there were some cute pieces (Vauthier) some improvements (Dior), some redundancy (Valli), some usual ugliness (Mabille), a waste of fabrics (V&R), some mess (RVDK) and great presentation (Gaultier, Chanel).
Margiela is the big question mark of the season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->