04m.jpg

05m.jpg
06m.jpg

07m.jpg
08m.jpg

09m.jpg
10m.jpg

style.com

Love it! and the first black dress on #1, looks like a simpler version of the white dress Ashley wore on the mari-claire photoshoot. I always love that dress, is nice to see something similar on their collection.

very row collection! i'm in love with the blazer and jackets,
still chic and so elegant.

Reminds me of Kim Basinger's wardrobe in 9 1/2 weeks.

Timeless and durable pieces as we've come to expect from them. The thing that excites me the most is the suiting -- that camel skirt-suit is super hot! Amazing collection.

Such a great collection.
Of course its luxurious, but they manage to make it look quiet loose and easy. Even with fabrics such as leather, croc or fur. Talking about fur, that huge coat is simply gorgeous.

From the collection to the photography and models, everything is perfect. I love every single look. I love the colour palette, the cuts are great, the materials are amazing. I don't see anything bad to say. Especially love how they interpret the menswear pieces and incorportate them into a womenswear collection. Finally, that fur piece looks promising!

really love it. its very sexy which is a departure for them.

by Esther Adams

here’s an elusive cool swirling around every collection by The Row. It’s in the louche, draped sweaters, pre-stretched T-shirts and generously cut men’s tailored suits carried over from one season to the next and no less prevalent this pre-fall. But where once they transcended decades and opted for safe homogenous looks, this season Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen deviated slightly from that course.

“We looked at old images of Bianca Jagger,” explains Mary-Kate Olsen of the duo’s starting point. “So there’s a bit of a seventies vibe.” And while their ivory silk pinstripe wide-leg pajama suit, rich silk-tunic tops and caramel cashmere shift worn over boot-leg pants attest to this, they also fall in step with the mood of the season. Having bypassed the disco fever adopted by many designers for spring, the pair give a subtle nod to an alternative, more sophisticated Jagger-inspired silhouette, while also touching on pre-fall’s burgeoning penchant for light layering. Keeping within the boundaries of their laid-back aesthetic, and runway trends, they offer consumers a feeling, rather than a dictation—no small feat for a celebrity brand.

“We had a lot of fun with skins and fur,” says Ashley Olsen, caressing a forest-green alligator zip-up jacket with ragged, peplum hem that she cites as her favorite. Meanwhile, Mary-Kate Olsen points out a silk T-shirt with a Peter Pan collar done in fish skin. “It’s so soft, and it’s salmon—you can eat it, so it’s a good thing!”

Three years in and devoid of outer labels, logos, or other ostentation, the brand’s real standout factor still lies in its curious anonymity, which feels deliberate coming from a design duo so used to the limelight.

Source: Vouge.com http://www.vogue.com/collections/pre-fall-2011/mrow/review/

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
westernsoc
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->