The Sunday Times Style November 26, 2023 : Linda Evangelista by Chris Colls

Great to see Linda again but this is not my favorite shot of her. I still love her comeback UK Vogue cover from September 2022 the most.

YESSSSSS I'm living for these covers with REAL REAL REAL BONAFIDE SUPERMODELS I know people hate that ''trend'' ahahaha but I'm so here for this ahaha :clap:.

Is what I'm looking at.... a human being? I'm not trying to pick on Linda, but come on, standards. She is a titan of modeling, which makes it all the worse when I see trash photos like this one. Genuinely she would look better and have so much more presence without the insane retouching. I mean good lord. Lifeless.

The extensive retouching around her jawline and neck is so jarring and amateur-looking. It looks like a Frankenstein image where different components have been stitched together, none of them particularly good.

I don't blame Linda, who is looking fabulous recently, I blame a mediocre photographer like Colls.

Well, it's a good cover... but i'm afraid that ,Linda doesn't look like this anymore... and that's exactly what she said in "the View": post production is the devil...

Photoshop aside, it's Linda Evangelista, it's Chris Colls, it's a flawless cover image and it's a complete surprise. This appeals to me far more than any of the six covers British Vogue has on offer for us this month. Very much excited to see more... :heart:

When something's only on sale for one day, I'm just happy that I know about this in advance so I can decide whether to get it.

LINDA EVANGELISTA: 'I DON'T BLAME MYSELF ANY MORE' (UHQ)
Photography: Chris Colls
Styling: Sarajane Hoare
Hair: Thom Priano
Make-up: Diane Kendal
Model: Linda Evangelista

thetimes.co.uk

Linda's facial expressions in a few of these photographs are terrible. The retouching is the devil. She looked prettier unretouched and all natural on "The View." Not loving this photoshoot at all.

The retouching is a bit all over the place but I like that.
I think that out of the group of the Supermodels, she is probably the one that has still something to offer in terms of fashion imagery.
Body insecurities aside, she still has a control of her body and still emote something.
I want a Meisel x Prada x Evangelista reunion!

Love the whole editorial and the cover totally brings me back to her heyday :smile: I'm so here for this and for her. So glad she's back and getting so so much love from designers, magazines and photographers. I also love that we get many recent interviews, because many years on YouTube it was all just old videos from 20 years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dima77
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->