The tFS Book Club (please see rules/guidelines in post #1)

^i haven't yet

i think the nominations for the next book so far are:
Blindness - Jose Saramago
In cold blood - Truman Capote
Lost Horizon - James Hilton

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, my apologies I've not have time to check in with this thread in a little while - shall we start nominations for the next book again? My vote is for:

Eats, Shoots and Leaves by Lynne Truss

Here's a description of Bel Canto, if anyone's interested:

Somewhere in South America, at the home of the country's vice president, a lavish birthday party is being held in honor of the powerful businessman Mr. Hosokawa. Roxanne Coss, opera's most revered soprano, has mesmerized the international guests with her singing. It is a perfect evening -- until a band of gunwielding terrorists takes the entire party hostage. But what begins as a panicked, life-threatening scenario slowly evolves into something quite different, a moment of great beauty, as terrorists and hostages forge unexpected bonds and people from different continents become compatriots, intimate friends, and lovers.

Anyone have any other ideas on what the next book should be? :flower:

i went back and these are the suggestions and votes so far

Jose Saramago - Blindness I
Truman Capote - In cold blood II
James Hilton - Lost Horizon I
Lynne Truss - Eat, shoots and leaves I
Ann Patchett - Bel Canto II

should we agree on a deadline for the voting and a date when to begin reading the next book?

ok, votes so far

Jose Saramago - Blindness I
Truman Capote - In cold blood IV
James Hilton - Lost Horizon I
Lynne Truss - Eat, shoots and leaves I
Ann Patchett - Bel Canto II

shall we just say voting lasts until Sunday (14th) and then we have a week to purchase the book? so monday the 22nd we'll start reading?

so please people who still want to participate VOTE!!!

so what do you guys think? do we need some more time to vote or shall we just say we're going to read In cold blood now? starting on the 22nd and 2 weeks to finish?

I feel sorry for not participating as much as I like!
I really love the idea of a book club. It's just that I've been so busy I can't keep up on the readings:(

maybe we should increase the time needed to finish the book? would 3 weeks make it easier on everyone?

I actually don't need more time, I just didn't like the last book that was chosen to read. so I skipped it and started my own choices :doh:
but I vote for Truman Capote - In cold blood

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JanEscher
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->