The Travel Almanac Autumn/Winter 2023 : Linda Evangelista by Ethan James Green

I love it. No matter the amount of photoshop imo she shines anyway... she knows her craft :heart:
I think that this is a good amount of airbrushing/photoshop because it is not exaggerated. Linda looks like a human and is beautiful.

Love this but can't help but wonder Meisel on a budget lol.
Ethan will always be Meisel on a budget (he'd probably be happy with that title lol), and the results are always serviceable. Not great, but serviceable.

The first cover is good, probably the best of the 'new guard's' images of Linda along with Robin Galiegue's DRepublic cover.
The second cover isn't as successful, probably inspired by Meisel's opening image of Linda in 'Transformers' for W September 2011, but ending up looking like a cliché take on Blumenfeld and René Gruau.

I am going to praise it to high heaven because it’s Linda. Her ability to morph, transform, and project is incredible. Not many like her, past or present.

Ethan will always be Meisel on a budget (he'd probably be happy with that title lol), and the results are always serviceable. Not great, but serviceable.

The first cover is good, probably the best of the 'new guard's' images of Linda along with Robin Galiegue's DRepublic cover.
The second cover isn't as successful, probably inspired by Meisel's opening image of Linda in 'Transformers' for W September 2011, but ending up looking like a cliché take on Blumenfeld and René Gruau.

And Meisel has always been Avedon on a budget. And the results are always serviceable. Not great, but serviceable.

^_^

And Meisel has always been Avedon on a budget. And the results are always serviceable. Not great, but serviceable.

The stan in me had to jump out on this one. I see the petty intent, but you are being factually wrong here. Meisel's among the highest paid photographers in the industry since '92. He draws references and downright copies from the great photographers that came before him, yes. But he has never been serviceable and to deny the impact and relevance of his own personal work, work that stands strong on its own and represents the great artist that he is, that's just straight up lying. He builds on what inspires him and brings the good values of times past into his own unique contemporary work, work that's been great for decades - and going strong. So there's that.

Ethan James Green has proved to be a great asset to fashion and if he can uphold the school of Steven Meisel, and Richard Avedon before him, then I'm very much looking forward to what he has in store for us. My only hope is that he can also expand upon Meisel and Avedon's vocabularies and build a vision that is uniquely and recognisably his own.

The two covers here bring me much joy. Linda looks spectacular and I genuinely can't wait to see more from what seems to be a very promising story. The second cover, although a direct copy of a copy, was absolutely fabulous! Great way to close a drab year.

Ethan James Green has proved to be a great asset to fashion and if he can uphold the school of Steven Meisel, and Richard Avedon before him, then I'm very much looking forward to what he has in store for us. My only hope is that he can also expand upon Meisel and Avedon's vocabularies and build a vision that is uniquely and recognisably his own.
I completely agree with your words on Steven Meisel. I especially agree with your words about the work of Ethan James Green. His photography is great and I always look forward to seeing it. The issue for me is that he needs to expand his vision to show his unique point of view. I don't think he is there yet.

The stan in me had to jump out on this one. I see the petty intent, but you are being factually wrong here. Meisel's among the highest paid photographers in the industry since '92. He ....

In the 90's he was widely known as "The Copycat" or "The Xerox". He even copied the style of Bill King.

:yikes:

Yeah, I guess we're just supposed to praise people for riding on the fumes of their past glory... forever.

Well name a model in 2023 that has Linda's ability to transform and deliver in every editorial, ill wait.

Just about every model of note currently working can transform beyond what Linda does *in 2023* unless one’s idea of effective transformation is coming up with new ways to hide most of your head and body in shoots.

Of course Linda is a legend for a reason, but her recent work is obviously not among her best

I don't care if they only book Linda for nostalgia, these newer girls (guys) always look bored or uninterested in front of the camera bring back OPULENCE, bring back drama.

The photographs in the editorial look ok but why all the black and white photography? Linda photographs great in color!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->