"The View" to announce two new co-hosts tomorrow

cosmogrl5

Fashionably Late
Reaction score
In case anyone cares anymore....

http://news.aol.com/entertainment/t...hepherd-to-join-the-view/20070727130109990001

Goldberg, Shepherd to Join 'The View'

(July 27) - The LA Times is reporting that ABC plans to hire Whoopi Goldberg and Sherri Shepherd as the new 'View' hosts.

According to the Times, negotiations are under way with Goldberg and Shepherd and an official announcement is expected next week.

Both Goldberg and Shepherd have appeared on 'The View' as guest hosts. The pair beat out several other rumored replacements including Kathy Griffin, Roseanne Barr and Mario Cantone.

The two new hosts will be replacing former 'View' personalities Rosie O'Donnell and Star Jones.

O'Donnell left the ABC chat-fest abruptly before her one-year contract ended after an on-screen fight with co-host Elisabeth Hasselbeck turned nasty.

Jones announced her exit back in 2006 in a similarly surprising matter, by bringing the subject up during the 'Hot Topics' segment of the show.

I was just about to post about this :lol:

Interesting choices. Whoopi will finally be working again...I remember her cheesy movies from the 80's. I would have enjoyed Roseanne as a cohost, I love how outspoken and funny she is. Any word on when the new gals will be taking over?

Last edited by a moderator:
^ We're always so in psych! :lol:

I find it odd that there will be so many comedians on the panel now. They are going to all be trying to out-funny each other! As if the trying to out-talk each other isn't bad enough...

^Tell me about it! They get scary when they don't get their say in. Anywho, I for one am dissapointed that Elisabeth Hasselback isn't leaving. She bugs me so much.

Whoopi Goldberg is amazing...I enjoy every movie she's in, even if it's cheesy (especially Ghost, Colour Purple, Sister Act, Star Trek, Corinna Corinna, Bogus....:D)..she just has this very interesting way of moving and talking, I think she's brilliant. I just hope this doesn't tarnish my view of her..

I wish they were hiring Kathy Griffin instead...

^^
Kathy is somewhat funny, but she probably is someone who the View's core audience wouldn't be feeling.

^Tell me about it! They get scary when they don't get their say in. Anywho, I for one am dissapointed that Elisabeth Hasselback isn't leaving. She bugs me so much.

Me too. At least we'll get a break from her for a bit when she is on maternity leave! :woot:

Well, we have one confirmation now:

Whoopi is joining The View as their new co-host and moderator, Barbara Walters announced on the show Wednesday morning.
No word on a second hiring, though Sherri Shepard was pretty much considered a shoe-in.
Whoopi joked that she watched the show once or twice before she was considered.
Congrats! Let’s hope Miz Goldberg can make the show as exciting as it was when Rosie was on.
Whoopi begins the day after Labor Day.

perezhilton.com

I'm so happy its Whoopi and I don't even watch the View. Shes friends with Kathy Griffin and Rosie so shes definately going to be another soldier in the war on Elisabeth

Whoopi is very well-spoken and even-tempered, so I think she will make a perfect moderator.

Sherri Shepherd may not be announced because she wanted too much money...so Kathy Griffin is still a possibility...

Sherri Shepherd may not be announced because she wanted too much money...so Kathy Griffin is still a possibility...

I like Sherri and all, but come on...beggers can't be choosers! :lol:

I'd be shocked if they picked Kathy. Everytime she is on the show, Barbara acts like she hates the woman. Personally, I really like Kathy on "Life on the D-List" but think she could be annoying on a daily basis.

This is the scoop on the other co-host the will hire.

Hope is not lost!
Barbara Walters is still looking for a fifth co-host on The View.
Talks between the show and potential co-host Sherri Shepherd stalled because of finances.
“They just couldn’t work out the money part of it,” an insider tells In Touch weekly. “They weren’t willing to pay Sherri what she was asking for.”
Sherri reportedly demanded at least $2 million - which insiders say is what (new moderator Whoopi will receive for her first year on the air.
Walters and the other producers are committed to adding a fifth host to The View before the new season begins on September 4th.
It’ll be tough to add a new host without auditioning them, as the show has been doing.
Either way, we hope a Latina rounds out the table!

perezhilton.com

perezhilton.com
It was only a matter of time!
Former View co-hosts Rosie O’Donnell and Star Jones are chiming in on the addition of Whoopi Goldberg as moderator of the show.
“Whoopi is fantastic in every way and perfect for the job,” O’Donnell tells The Insider. “She’s amazing and one of my favorites.”
What Rosie wishes she said: “Whoopi’s an amazing choice, and she’s almost like a fat lesbian herself. She’s one of my favorites, besides myself.”
“Whoopi is a smart women with an opinion, and an excellent choice,” adds Reynolds. “She brings life experience outside of the entertainment business and diversity with intelligence. I wish her the best.”
What Star wishes she said: “I prayed to God that it would be Whoopi. Unfortunately they didn’t want to hire my husband. They said he wasn’t gay enough!”

I apparently am one of few who enjoy Elisabeth Hasselbeck.

Whoopi seems like a refreshing choice. I would approve of anyone after Rosie's turn on the show, however.

Elisabeth is tolerable these days..but she's my least favourite. I'm glad Whoopi is joining and i like Sherri as well

^Agreed. She's always bugged me, but after the fight with Rosie, I downright cannot stand her. It's not her political views that bother me (well, ok...they do), but just the way she was SHOUTING at Rosie so condescendingly and wouldn't even hear what she had to say that miffs the hell out of me. Rosie is also intense, but at least she lets other people get their word in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowbar69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->