Thomas McDonell

Prairie

Reaction score
img-thomas-mcdonell_160046381707.jpg_med_thumb.jpg

Age: 22. Hometown: New York City. Currently resides: The East Village. Occupation: Artist. Day job: I was working for a gallery in the West Village, but I just sort of stopped. Now I’m working on my own things, painting mostly. Best odd job: I was living in Shanghai a few years back and randomly went to this casting call. Afterward, a woman called me and was like, “Do this movie.” It turned out to be The Forbidden Kingdom—some crazy weird kung fu film. It’s not really my thing, but it was a big deal in China because it was the first movie to star both Jackie Chan and Jet Li. I played a thug and did a lot of glaring. Childhood hero: Former New York Knicks basketball player John Starks of “The Dunk” fame. Current role model: Michael Rockefeller. Favorite fictional character: Uh, I don’t know. I’m reading The Oresteia right now. It’s pretty rad. Theme song: On the Crystal Antlers’ EP there’s this song, “A Thousand Eyes.” The lyrics go, “Why do we have to try to see with a thousand eyes?” or something silly like that. But it’s really good.

interview magazine

Prom Movie Trailer 2

Dude cut your hair and I might consider it..........

young-hollywood-2011-03-thomas-mcdonell.jpg

Thomas McDonell
He's been called "the next Johnny Depp" more times than he can count, but that doesn't mean the 25-year-old is tired of the comparison. "It;s not the most interesting thing to talk about for me," he says. "But it's flattering." That's good news because Thomas will further cement that nickname when he stars as young Barnabas Collins in Tim Burton's big-screen adaptation of the spooky TV show Dark Shadows. (Old Barnabas? Depp naturally.) The production is quite a departure from Thomas's last role, as bad-boy Jesse in Disney's Prom. "It's like a graphic soap opera with witches, werewolves, vampires, and ghosts. The whole thing is pretty great." —ALISON PRATO

teenvogue

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryJC
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->