to looser/slouchy pants and jeans now?

Erzébeth II

Reaction score
at the moment, (or some would say, not so long ago) the trend's been overwhelmingly low rise/hipster and tapered leg.

do you think fashion in general has started moving away from this? well raf simons brought out loose fitting pants in his recent collection..

in womenswear i'd say that there are more skirts than jeans and pants in the shows.

eventually skinny leg will be the new flared jeans, but is that time now? :D :D

I think that both loose and skinny jeans are great. each has its purpose. its how you wear them, your attitude, the mood of the day/night...I like my black skinny jeans when I go out at night, I feel edgy & sexy in them. my baggy antiqued levis are my fav for running around the city, they look classic and effortless. I love my wide-legged loose joie jeans for lounging around, they're kind of hippie/surfer-ish. the list goes on... I've been wearing both loose and skinny for some time now. what's next? please don't tell me its high-waisted acid wash.:shock:

Slow and low, all the way. The baggier look has always been a staple of my neighborhood, but a few years ago it was out of control, when everyone has JNCO's with the 30" bells. Thank God that's over with:rolleyes: . Used to wear them out tagging and such. I think it depends on the attitude of the person and how they wear them. Some people don't look right in baggy jeans, or tight jeans for that matter. And it's not because of physical attributes, I guess it's more of a posture thing.

Im not sure i entirely understand what you mean .. can you post someone post a picture please ??

I think erzebeth was talking about these kind of pants:
n28%20(Small).jpg
00180m.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Skinny jeans are over done, I even see 11yr olds with Lees and S&B's. The worst bit is, 80% of the people around my area should never ever wear them. ARGH!!!

Flat front semi-high/long crtch jeans (without the zip) are very much going to be the new 'it' item.
However not many people can pull it off and they are hard to find at the moment.

It really just depends on what suits your body shape, as to what is 'now'.

**I tried to find a pic of these jeans, and can't find them! In a couple of months......

Well I've definitely noticed more volume in trousers of late, but whether we're moving away from the 'skinny jean' look, I'm unsure, because I think it's only started catching on in general public.

Gasp!:woot: Does this also mean that waistbands are moving back toward the natural waistline?!?!?!

I ask for those of us who body type is far better suited to natural waist or slightly below as opposed to the incredibly popular low, lower, call the vice squad waistlines of late. :D

those are getting very popular, regardless how weird-ish they can look on girls (both slim and fat with everything in between)

personally i like loose fitted men's styled trousers, but nothing big,
maybe one/two sizes bigger than mine just for the slouchy fun of it,
but i wont go to extreme x-large, it feels forced, not fun

avtually why 'either skinny or charly chaplin'
i believe today's wardrobe is full of surprises, why not both skinny and uber buggy?

lets brake some rules, embrace more styles

we-ell .. i wouldnt wear slouchy jeans to a place where they're not appropriate.

skinny jeans work well if youre going to a place where you just cant go dressed hobo-ish.

dont u think.. heh

absolutely, i like both, each depending on situation, occassion and MOOD :wink:

Yeah I think slouchy jeans- not the wide leg style that was so popular a few years ago, but more like the slouchy look levis of the 90s look great. I wouldn't mind a return to that. But I do love skinny jeans too, although they no longer provide an alternative as it seems everyone is starting to catch on.

Lena said:
one/two sizes bigger than mine just for the slouchy fun of it,
but i wont go to extreme x-large, it feels forced, not fun

and of course, there's the whole homie/ghetto look that you might want to avoid, heh, heh, heh.

i went to Italy in May and i noticed that to each city i went, especially Verona, there were plenty of girls wearing looser fitting jeans with vests and cute trainers. they all looked really great!

i like baggy cuffed pants, not jncos, but reasonably baggy

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->