Tom Ford Storms Out Of Interview

Discussion in 'In the News...' started by stylegurrl, Nov 1, 2004.

1. stylegurrl

stylegurrl New Member

2. Spike413

Spike413 barcode

Honestly I can't really blame him for getting upset ant the question and the interviewers persisting......come on, fresh wound!!! Of course something like that's gonna strike a nerve, it's his first season out of fashion, why the hell would he want to discuss it?

Honestly, this came off a lot less diva-like then the writer obviously though it was...to me anyway.

3. softgrey

softgrey flaunt the imperfection

spike darling...how can you...who weren't there...portend to know more about the situation than the writer...who obviously was there?... :huh: :lol:

i love it when people claim to know what a designer REALLY means...or was REALLY motivated by... that just makes me laugh...cause there really is no way to know... unless you have some personal relationship with the person...which i'm fairly sure isn't the case the majority of the time...

it would seem to me that the designer had already been speaking about fashion...and if he's so sensitive...then maybe he shouldn't be running around promoting a book on...wait...what's the book about?...oh yes...FASHION>>!!! ...seriously...what else is anyone going to talk to this guy about...the only reason anyone knows or cares about him is as a fashion designer...

to time the release of the book now...to capitalize on the new collections...etc...and then to expect that no one would ask for his viewpoint....is not naive...but simply absurd...

what a silly man... :lol: :rolleyes:

4. Spike413

Spike413 barcode

I'm not claiming to know, don't get me wrong....I'm simply speculating.

And I don't think the writer was wrong in asking, but he did push the issue after Tom said he didn't want to talk about it. And it's not so much the topic of fashion that seems to have bothered Tom, but specifically talking about the new collections, which he was not a part of for the first time in a decade...that's really where I drew my conclusions from.

5. Misako

Misako within an embrace

Well, he did ask the reporter not to talk about it...persistance will only get you fustration a lot of times...

6. softgrey

it is the job of any good reporter to be persistent... :flower: :wink:

and don't get me wrong spike...i was just making an observation because sometimes people make these wild assumptions like they are personal friends with someone they have never even met...and really don't know the first thing about...it was more of an observation and a chuckle... :heart:

7. lucy

lucy New Member

Personally, I think that Tom Ford needs to GET OVER HIMSELF

Thanks for the article... :heart:

8. Chachka

Chachka New Member

well, he's in the fashion industry after all... i bet he's no better than Isaac Mizrahi...
    Isaac is probably more real...

9. mdankwah

mdankwah New Member

here we go again, tom ford just can't help but tell the world how unhappy he really is, maybe he still craves the power he had in popular culture

10. meowmix

meowmix New Member

mmm...i can see why a good reporter must be persistent...
    but although i wasn't there and don't know any of them personally...i just feel the reporter should still maintain a degree of respect for the interviewed in terms of the limits of discussion...he didn't seem menacingly persistant or disrespectful but i guess i can sympathize with ford's reaction...just the wrong button to push i guess :unsure:

11. softgrey

touchy touchy miss ford is...
    for all his talk of small arms and wrists...he sounds more like a girl than i do... :P :innocent:

12. oanadobre

oanadobre New Member

Yeah, sure :flower: Maybe the reporter should have asked before the interview: "What are your favourite subjects today, Mr Ford"? :innocent: Or rather Mrs Ford...

13. PrinceOfCats

PrinceOfCats Naturellement pulpeuse

Sounds like a misogynistic big wet-blanket...

14. softgrey

i can't believe it...misogynistic...why didn't i get that before?... :lol:

15. Acid

Acid yes

hes such a little tart

16. fullfrontal

fullfrontal Member

If reporters weren't persistent we would know nothing. Most people don't just give out answers to any questions even when they request to be interviewed. If this guy/girl just left the question after "Let's not talk about that" then they wouldn't really be doing a good job. Besides that, a reporter's persistence is no reason to walk out of an interview like a baby.

Ford seems as though he doesn't mind being in the spotlight but it has to be on his on terms. He reminds me of famous people who complain about "horrors" of being famous. Give me a break. And I don't believe he walked out because it's too close to the collections. He should be out there taking interviews if he still "sensitive"

17. kakaposh

kakaposh Member

ohhh man i love everything bout this fell.:blush: .......including the diva in him:P :D :innocent:

18. snowqueen

snowqueen New Member

woah this thread confused me as its sooo old and i didnt realise it had been bumped back up so i was like thinking omg how rude is this guy im sure ive heard of him pulling this stunt before .. all magically clear now when i click on it

19. ultramarine

ultramarine chaos reigns

HAHAHAA same thing happened to me!!!!

This is SO old!

20. Gincat

Gincat New Member

:lol: