Tom Ford for H&M?

tarsha

Reaction score
I'm not sure this thread should be there or in Designers & Collections forum.

Hennes & Mauritz AB, the world’s second-largest clothing retailer, would be keen to follow up its Versace collection with a fashion range designed by Gucci’s former creative director Tom Ford.

Ford is “a very interesting name,” H&M’s creative adviser Margareta van den Bosch said by telephone from Stockholm when asked about the possibility of a collaboration with the 50-year- old designer. “I can say, I wouldn’t mind.”

The Stockholm-based retailer, whose Versace for H&M line goes on sale this week, may work with Ford, website FrenchTribune.com has previously reported. Van den Bosch said there has been no contact with the designer, while a spokeswoman for Tom Ford declined to comment.

Ford rejuvenated the Gucci brand in the 1990s and left in 2004 to form his own fashion line, Tom Ford International. The designer also turned his hand to filmmaking in 2009 with “A Single Man” with actor Colin Firth.

“There would be great customer interest in such a collection,” said Anne Critchlow, a London-based analyst at Societe Generale. Being involved with well-known designers confers “fashion authority” on the H&M brand, she said.

businessweek

I jumped a bit when I saw the title! Just the idea of it is enough to get me all excited but alas no, I doubt Tom would do it specially with his "exclusivity".

He doesn't even want to release his RTW line to the public, so I doubt this H&M thing is happening. Tom Ford is so annoying. Ugh.

Well that would just be a load of hypocrisy coming from the man who is so 'exclusive' (not to mention arrogant) that he won't even release photos from his runway collection before it hits stores.

Well just because H&M would like it doesn't mean it's going to happen!

This would be really surprising to me and kind of the antithesis of Tom Ford's usual standpoint. So I can't see it happening but then if you'd asked me a while ago if we'd ever have seen and Lanvin or Versace for H&M I probably wouldn't have thought that they would have happened either...

^exactly. it's like they released this to the press because they knew how much we would be drooling over it and try to pressure him into.

I don't see this happening for a man who claims that he hates mass marketing and wants to be super exclusive with their work,

but IF it did happen I'd stop eating for a year to save up money to buy everything :D

He may currently say he hates mass marketing, but I remember the time when he introduced those Gucci logo ice-cube trays. I reckon a man who can do that, is a man who'll secretly always be happy to make a buck through the sale of lesser-priced items, as long as he has a high degree of control over the entire collection.

YES!!!!!! :woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:
Let me just start saving for this one!!!

I'm a man I know it's gonna be good! Hope it doesn't go too vulgar for women!

Last edited by a moderator:
ahhh this would be major i hope the rumors are true i can already see those great suits h&m version .

Oh dear, Tom Ford is 50 already? Wow.

It seems pretty doubtful to me, but if turned out true, that would be a collaboration that would make me happy, at last.

The man who presents his own fashion to an "exclusive circle" only and doesn`t even hold a runway show to design clothes for the H&M mass!?!

It would make me lose my respect for him.

I really don't want this to happen - I admire the exclusivity that Tom Ford has with his collections, and I think it should be envied that he can afford to do it and pull it off due to the hype caused by his divine name.
I've heard the name for too long, do the general public know who Tom Ford is? Even if they have heard of him via his perfume ads, etc, would they be aware of his style and whether it would suit them?
Would this even matter? Buying anything from these designer collections and selling them on ebay seems to make people a profit.

About a week ago I would've said "no, he'll never do it." but I recently listened to him talking about his cosmetics line and how the woman who can't afford Tom Ford ready-to-wear can still have a bit of Tom Ford by buying his cosmetics.
Is this H&M collaboration speak?
I hope not.

Tom-Ford-550x414.jpg

Awaiting the debut of the new collection designed by Donatella Versace for H&M rumors of an upcoming collaboration between Tom Ford and the Swedish giant are becoming more insistent.
The news, re-launched this morning by FrenchTribune.com, already circulated last year but today more and more sources talk about the launch of a capsule collection designed by the Texan designer, however, without specifying a possible time.

LuukMagazine

That's exactly what we need more cheap tat with a designer signature. I thought at least Tom Ford was above this.

^ Above what? This is just a rumor. Nothing has been confirmed

He may currently say he hates mass marketing, but I remember the time when he introduced those Gucci logo ice-cube trays. I reckon a man who can do that, is a man who'll secretly always be happy to make a buck through the sale of lesser-priced items, as long as he has a high degree of control over the entire collection.

oh god, the memories...

and those were released around the same time Gucci did wallpapers too...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->