Tony Ward Haute Couture S/S 2024 Paris

another one not on the official calendar and appropriating the haute couture label. i'm so sick of these hacks.

I actually love this, that first dress is stunning would love to see a tall celebrity wearing it on a red carpet. His mastery may not be Armani level but at least its more than shiny lace dresses. Would have loved not to see a couple of pieces, if he had stuck to and perfected the main pieces but I guess his take of couture is more commercial. Hope to see some of those gowns on the upcoming red carpets but the visible white underwear was a choice.

After watching on video, it seems his biggest shortcoming is fabric used just like Stephane Rolland and I guess it all comes down to budget. The traditional Ateliers have massive budgets that let them develop the fabric for the look but with his pieces it looks more like store bought premium fabrics which in turn makes the finish more ready to wear than couture. I wouldn't mind seeing him design a collection for a house like Valentino or Versace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->