Top models from South East Asian countries.

Warrenista

Reaction score
Can you name top models from South East Asian countries (i.e. Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam, the Philippines etc.) who have made it internationally? :woot:

Here's my list of Asian beauties :heart::

Malaysia - Ling Tan (IMG), Ein Tan (Elite), Gwen Lu (Elite) and Amber Chia (Red). Also, Hannah Toolseram (Malaysian of Burmese origin) is the house-model for Versace in Milan, and Mary Lourdes Chandran (fashion designer Bernard Chandran's wife) used to work in Paris as house model for Jorge Rech - she was with Marilyn Gaulthier modelling agency - and she's gorgeous!!!!!!

Singapore - supermodel Nora Ariffin (Ford Models), Charmaine Harn (Elite), Jacqueline Alblas (Elite), Serene Chew (AVE), Denise Keller (IMG) and Junita Simon. Also, now retired Ethel Fong, Pat Kraal and Hanis Hussey (Yves Saint Laurent's muse).

Vietnam - Navia Nguyen (Next).

Thailand - Nanda Hampe (Next) and now retired Rojjana 'Yui' Pretkanha.

Indonesia - Tracy Trinita (Elite).

The Philippines - Charo Ronquillo (Ford Models) and now retired Anna Bayle (first Asian supermodel).

Cambodia - Mey Bun (NY Models).

Last edited by a moderator:
Top models from Myanmar (Burma) and Laos?

Are there any top models from Myanmar (Burma) and Laos? :blink:

Stang (Thailand) is signed with Red.
She's got a thread here, but nothing much updated.

STANG1.jpg

models.com

Can you name top models from South East Asian countries (i.e. Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam, the Philippines etc.) who have made it internationally? :woot:

The Philippines - Charo Ronquillo (Ford Models) and now retired Anna Bayle (first Asian supermodel).

^oh yes, charo ronquillo!!! she was here during the s/s 09 rtw show of philippine fashion week. :smile:

Thailand

Stang (Thailand) is signed with Red.
She's got a thread here, but nothing much updated.

STANG1.jpg

models.com

Hi AnemonefisH - thanks for Stang! :flower:

I only knew Nanda Hampe and Rojjana Pretkanha.

Sad story really about Rojjana - she did Vogue... she did Chanel... and she did drugs! That was the end of her modeling career. :( Then, I heard she ended up in prison in Thailand for assaulting her mom!

Source: www.bwgreyscale.com

Attachments

• adv_2093.JPG
    adv_2093.JPG
    20.9 KB · Views: 290
  • adv_0720.JPG
    adv_0720.JPG
    18.9 KB · Views: 290
  • adv_1117.JPG
    adv_1117.JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 288
Hi AnemonefisH - thanks for Stang! :flower:

I only knew Nanda Hampe and Rojjana Pretkanha.

Sad story really about Rojjana - she did Vogue... she did Chanel... and she did drugs! That was the end of her modeling career. :( Then, I heard she ended up in prison in Thailand for assaulting her mom!

Source: www.bwgreyscale.com

Yes, Nanda is half-German.:flower:

And yes, it's a tragic how Rojjana had ruined her rising career.:(
You know, she wasn't that much educated; she didn't complete high school and couldn't even speak English at the time her career was stargazing.
So she just used all her money through alcohol and drugs and ended up having nothing left!

Moreover, it's quite hard for her to find a modelling job or at least become a celebrity in her own country, not to mention her age, since, believe it or not, having strong face structures and killer cheekbones considered 'ugly' for Thais. (Some Thais even go to plastic surgery to make their face as oval as possible!)

But right now, her life is back on track. She is now working as a modelling mentor in Thailand and has released her autobiography pocket book.
And she once said to the press last year that there may be a film based on her life to be produced!

PLOYGAMPETCH1998-02-146_00-001.jpg
img007.jpg

magazinedee.com

Singapore's first supermodel Nora Ariffin

Singapore's supermodel Nora Ariffin (Ford Models) has got a thread here. :heart:

Nora also has a FAB website. Check it out!

She is my favorite model in the whole wide world!!!!!!!:woot:

Nora Ariffin

Hauteur: 1.76m Cheveux: Brun Yeux: Brun Vêtement: 34
Poitrine: 86cm Taille: 62cm Hanches: 89cm Chaussures: 40

Ford Models Inc.111 5th Avenue New York, NY 10003 USA / Telephone 212-219-6100

Attachments

• Nora 12.jpg
    Nora 12.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 6
  • Nora cover.jpg
    Nora cover.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Nora 1.jpg
    Nora 1.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Nora 4.jpg
    Nora 4.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 6
  • ListeP17.jpg
    ListeP17.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 282
Wow... Rojjana still looks great - love the cover photo of her autobiography. Is it in English or Thai?

Now... that's a revelation. I didn't know one is considered 'ugly' in Thailand for having 'killer' cheekbones. Maybe that's why Rojjana was bigger in Europe & US than in Thailand.

There is another Thai model who did well in Europe. I think she is now a property developer in Phuket. Do you know her name?

Wow... Rojjana still looks great - love the cover photo of her autobiography. Is it in English or Thai?

The book is written in Thai.:flower:
It reveals her breakthrough moments then suddenly flopped to be a blue-collar, working class girl with nothing left, related to the belief of karma.

There is another Thai model who did well in Europe. I think she is now a property developer in Phuket. Do you know her name?
I have no idea about that either, sorry.:(

wow. i love seeing this thread. i wish i could add some here but i'll have to search first. it's hard for SE Asians to penetrate the modelling world because of the height factor.

The book is written in Thai.:flower:
It reveals her breakthrough moments then suddenly flopped to be a blue-collar, working class girl with nothing left, related to the belief of karma.

I have no idea about that either, sorry.:(

Do you know Thai supermodels, 'Khun Lookkade Mathinee' and 'Metinee Kingphayome' (former Miss Thailand)? They look pretty similar... are they twins? :shock:

Do you know Thai supermodels, 'Khun Lookkade Mathinee' and 'Metinee Kingphayome' (former Miss Thailand)? They look pretty similar... are they twins? :shock:

Oh, actually, they're the same person.

Let's say....Khun is a polite way to call someone's name (like Mr. and Ms.) and Lookkade is her nickname, although it sounds as complicated as her full name Metinee K when typing in English.:lol:

Some of her portfolios can be found here
http://www.magazinedee.com/main/magmodel.php?id=113

588_200712131652551..jpg
588_200712131652552..jpg
72_20070315125746..jpg

thaiza.com

Personally, I think there are many Thai models who can work in international career.
I didn't sure about this that much but 'Pancake' the girl who won Thai supermodel contest.
She won contract with IMG or Elite [don't sure]
but she prefers to work in Thailand to be a top superstar [actress, model, and presenter]
I think she looks like Bruna Tenorio in some angles.

DICHAN769_001.jpg
VOLUME090_005.jpg

magazinedee.com

I'm not sure which agency Wanida 'Florence' Faivre (Thailand) is signed to, but she has done some notable works in NY.

She's a regular model for Koi Suwannagate.

Koi Suwannagate F/W 08
00040m.jpg
00190m.jpg

style

Koi Suwannagate Resort 09
00010m.jpg
00030m.jpg
00090m.jpg

00100m.jpg
00110m.jpg
00050m.jpg

style

Koi Suwannagate S/S 09
00060m.jpg
00180m.jpg

style

Koi Suwannagate Resort 09 Lookbook
florence1.jpg
florence2.jpg
florence3.jpg

koisuwannagate.com

Puma I'm Going fragrance - website
pumaimgoing.jpg

puma-fragrances.com

Hanis Hussey

Singapore - supermodel Nora Ariffin (Ford Models), Charmaine Harn (Elite), Jacqueline Alblas (Elite), Serene Chew (AVE), Denise Keller (IMG) and Junita Simon. Also, now retired Ethel Fong, Pat Kraal and Hanis Hussey (Yves Saint Laurent's muse).

Hanis Hussey in Paris circa 1987
Source: L'Officiel

Attachments

• Hanis11.jpg
    Hanis11.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Hanis8.jpg
    Hanis8.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Hanis4.jpg
    Hanis4.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Hanis13.jpg
    Hanis13.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Hanis2.jpg
    Hanis2.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 6
Supermodel Nora Ariffin (Ford Models Inc.)

Singapore's supermodel Nora Ariffin :woot:
Source: Her World
Photographer: Mark Law

Attachments

• Nora 14.jpg
    Nora 14.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Nora 15.jpg
    Nora 15.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 5
  • nora3.jpg
    nora3.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Nora 13.jpg
    Nora 13.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 5
Wow great to see all South East Asian models here, actually they're all amazing and i really hope to see them more in European or American mainstream market.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->