Topshop Unique S/S 06 London

I'd be VERY disappointed if the prices of the outfits are over 100 pounds as this is Topshop after all. :ninja: Many of the outfits look like they shouldn't cost more, really. And they are not exactly original, as pointed out .B)

They always get designers to do mini collections, and I remember they had Hussein Chalayan dresses for something like 69 pounds. :smile: It's no fun if it costs much more. Anyway, I believe the history of their Unique team stems from the in-house team collaborations with specially commissioned designer collections (yes, Topshop did it before H&M but not at the scale of a star like KL). Unique is designed by this in-house team. Apart from their own Unique line, their mini designer collections are always worth noting, as they tend to commission young-but-not-so-famous-it-goes-to-their-heads designers, such as C. Neeon. Here's C. Neeon website, click on the collections link, and then on the lowest image for the Topshop mini-collection. I love the red/white top and the white dress/tights.

http://www.cneeon.de/start.html

Lots of flowers for Helena for posting everything. :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower:

I :heart: Topshop.

Did anyone catch the article in Nylon magazine about the "sooper-sekrit" Topshop boutique that was opening in NYC this month? The article was in the Sept. edition and was very vague (intentionally) about where the store would be and when it would open. And, come to think of it, it was going to be an independent boutique carrying Topshop line clothing.

any info?

clavdiachauchat said:
I :heart: Topshop.

Did anyone catch the article in Nylon magazine about the "sooper-sekrit" Topshop boutique that was opening in NYC this month? The article was in the Sept. edition and was very vague (intentionally) about where the store would be and when it would open. And, come to think of it, it was going to be an independent boutique carrying Topshop line clothing.

any info?
What?
When and where?
I'm looking forward to the opening of this boutique!:flower:

^ It's in a store called Opening Ceremony, and according to style.com, it's already open:
main.jpg

Any fashion type worth her Stella McCartney makes sure her first stop in London is Topshop. Trends hit the high street chain practically before they make it to the runway, and at a tiny fraction of designer prices. Hence the excitement about the opening of the first-ever U.S. outpost, at SoHo's Opening Ceremony boutique in New York, which is stocked with our favorite Topshop Basics as well as pieces from the store's much-coveted collaborations with the likes of Sophia Kokosalaki and Preen. There are also several looks exclusive to the location, like this embroidered silk Empire-waist number—a dead ringer for Miu Miu's fall Russian peasant dress. The in-store shop has been open less than a week and the racks are emptying fast. So what are you doing still sitting there reading this?

And we have a thread about it, here: http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27015 :flower:

clavdiachauchat

Could you tell me which issue of Nylon?
Thanks
That is for the info on the topshop boutique

:D :D :D :D how much this makes me smile! The british high street is amazing but I often get frustrated by how much designer copies are out there and how much some of it turns into uniform (navy primark military coat anyone?) especially in London. I even find this with topshop but the unique, boutique and designer ranges are constantly exciting. They're starting 'topshop design' in the mens too I think.

i wish i had access to a topshop store.....i would love to browse.....
only heard about this stuff for the first time here at this forum....
some of this is quite nice.....would work well mixed with other pieces.....

is topshop comparable to something like zara or h&m?....
if so, i dare say the prices seem slightly high too....

:huh:....

again, nothing extraordinary here.....
but some very wearable pieces.....
:flower:....

**edit: forgot to say i LOVE the shoes...!!!
especially the ones with the thick straps that criss-cross....
i want a pair...!!!
:heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
On the British High Street, Topshop is like the forerunner. It's not the most expensive of high street stores but it is the most fashion forward and with it's designer diffusion lines from designers like Preen, Sophie Kokosalaki and Emma Cook...it takes it up a notch. They constantly change their store layout and decor and like the organise events like in-store catwalk shows and charity vintage bring and buy sales. It's a pretty formidable force in British high street fashion.

H&M's quality is more questionable than Topshop's but their clothing is also cheaper. In my opinion, it doesn't rip off catwalk designs as much as Topshop does. I've seen ppl easily convince others they're wearing Marc Jacobs when really it's Topshop.

Zara is really much more grown up and the quality is pretty good. I should think it's an officeworker's staple store.

^thanks for the insight, susie.....
i will have to check it out when i am in london.....^_^ ...

much better than expected but not that sure about the price tag

Thx, Zazie and Helena!
Guess'll be OK around 100 pounds.

Thanks for all the info susie. Some has come online, the trench coat and the kimono dress are online at the moment and much more.

Bumping this thread to ask if any London TFS'ers have seen any of these pieces in the oxford street store yet?? thoughts on the price and quality IRL? :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
supernovalegs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->