Trailer Trash Couture/ Tacky Chic

KhaoticKharma

Amour Comme Hiver
Reaction score
I've noticed that over the last few years, this has been a big thing with the 'new money' set, particularly in cities such as Los Angeles and London. I would consider just about anything Juicy Couture to be trailer trash-y, and Britney Spears.

On the other side of the pond, it's a bit less trailer trash and just sort of garrish. I think the women of Footballers Wive$ are a prime example of that! Katie 'Jordan' Price is also a firm believer in the smaller, flashier, and glitterier, the better :innocent:

An article on this new fashion fixation made the Washington Post

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/03/17/AR2006031701907.html?sub=AR

chars_tt_p1.jpg

chars_tt_p7.jpg

chars_tt_p9.jpg

chars_ag_p1.jpg

chars_pb_p1.jpg

chars_cw_p2.jpg

[www.footballerswives.tv]

vbthin.jpg

[www.handbag.com]

^yes. Probably the worst trend around in decades. Why do people like this?

I don't think Vic's dress looks trashy at all

arent these all rich people pictured? not really trailer trash

white trash maybe, but not trailer trash. i hear trailer trash i was expecting pics of baseball caps and bowling shirts

I don't think this trend is limited to just shiny, glittery and neon stuff...over the years we've seen plenty of people shelling out good money for jeans that look like they got pulled through a cheese shredder :doh:

My eyes .. my beautiful eyes .. :ninja: *recoils away in fear of the outfits*

I'd call this "buy-your-own-Russian" style more than trailer trash...it reeks of money thrown at bad taste.

...or "daytime tv" style?

how is this trailer trash? this is footballers wives...

Not much different than gangster types spending thousands from their drug money on their ghetto looking outfits and gaudy gold chains and buying hydrolics for their cars. It's all in what culture someone comes from.

To the rich women wearing the gaudy dresses, they think it looks great.

EDIT: I've gotta say, I've seen much trashier looking outfits at awards shows than the green dress in the bottom picture.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I didn't call it white trash. In the name of the thread it says Trailer Trash- two very different thing. Anyone, any age, any race, and any social class can be trailer trash :smile:

Seems like a sleezy 90s Miami Vice kind of look, in my opnion. Which could be kind of fun if you wear it with a grain of salt and maybe not every day. Has anyone seen those "Bacardi and Cola" commercials on TV? That's what the girls remind me of. haha. Kind of ditzy and overtly sexual.
XOXO

Although it might be considered racist, in the US, at least where I come from, most trailer trash is white, and they have own trailer trash style...it tends to be mostly white people with this "trend" and it is the epitome of tacky.

victorias' dress doesnt look trashy to me at all. its very formal you wouldnt just wear to it go shopping etc.

but for the first few girls up there, i think it also has something to do with the make-up and the shiny sequins.

unfortunately, i don't think it's a trend, i think that is just their personal style. usually, if it's a trend, it's way over the top. this is a little too much and not too much at the same time. LOL! it's something they LOVE.
GROSS ME OUT

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rodopolfo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->