Travel Guide : India

BerlinRocks

Reaction score
Opening this thread as I am planning to go to India ...
I've found a lot of stuff about India onto the Internet ... Blogs and French forums (from expats mainly)
I've just watched Outsourced (the movie) and am going to watch City of Joy

But I want to have more opinions ... And why not from people who share similar tastes and interests than mine ...
From people who do live there and are indians, from people who travelled there (often or just once - no matter), from people who live there but are not indians, from people who settle there 6 months / 1 yr / 2 yrs and more ...

What have you all think about India ? What do you like about India ? Do you like living there ? Is life really hard when you come from Europe or America ?
Coz I've read some stuff like you can go crazy, desperate etc.

I am planning to go to India to ...... well ..... I need to leave and I've chosen India (for several reasons ...)
I just need to leave France for a moment ...

Is finding a job/internship hard ? How foreigners are welcomed ?

I may go there for a long travel-trip... like I may go there for an internship/job on a short period ... 6 months or 1 year - IDK yet ...

Anyway ...
All tips and recommandations are welcomed ...
For me and other people !
I want feelings, impressions (bad or good - all are welcomed)

* not needing informations about visas and all those administrative stuff ... I can do that on my own !*
:innocent:^_^

p.s : can a mod' change mumbay with mumbaI ... i mistaken with bombay ! ... it starts pretty bad !! LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
another question ...

where can you find the most culture industries (art and fashion, not cinema :wink:) ? mumbai or new dehli ?

Bump!!.
My sister and I are planning to go to India as soon as early 2010.. it's still not even close to being a solid plan but we're just coming up with ideas and possible itineraries. I'd like to stay there for around a month and have the chance to go all the way to the south by train (as in Chennai).. I'd too love to hear thoughts or recommendations from those who've been there, not necessarily expats or temporarily residents.. just visitors, anyone really. :P

Berlin, obviously I'm no help but do keep in mind that homesickness masked as desperation or sense of craziness will eventually hit you, especially in places where none of your usual prizes of consolation (stores, restaurant, things you see to distract yourself back home when you feel lonely or anxious) will be available, but.. :muscles:.. you can do it!. and.. we should meet if I make it around your dates. :bounce:

I would travel to Goa for sure if you want to experience some good nightlife and some of the best beaches. Its the most laid back atmosphere and there are thousands of tourists.

I would also travel to Rajasthan, its the desert state of India, with beautiful palaces converted to hotels. They have preserved the culture and royal ambiance. Many are built on water, its a spectacular site. You can also experience the colorful culture of Rajasthan. It would probably be my number 1 destination.

I lived in Delhi for a bit, it has its fair share of enjoyable things to do. If you want to shop, south delhi is the place to be. I would recommend you go to Mumbai though, it is virtually the New York of India.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andreagmanili
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->