Travel Guide : Paris

msmartimar

Reaction score
I am going to France with my parents this summer...we will be in Paris for about 20 days...I have been a few times so I have seen alot of historical stuff.

Just wondering what yall knew about good places to shop? Does not matter the store, I would LOVE to know about all types of stores there....cheap, expensive(might just be for looking..still fun though!! :D ), trendy, classics, vintage...anything that yall know of!

Also if there are any places to eat you would recomend, neat places to go, anything dealing with fashion or just ANYTHING you would want to do again or see again...I would LOVE To about!!

Thanks so much!!
:flower:

my fave thing in paris is the garden of the musee rodin...

try the Palais Royal and long fashionable rue Saint Honore where all the big shops are, including must see Colette, Helmut Lang, Galliano, lanvin, Hermes etc etc

the Marais is also a great fun area with lots of new boutiques and cafes
and also Montmartre , for all "Amelie Poulen" fans and not only,
one has the real feeling of old Parisian everyday life in :heart: Montmartre

more Paris addresses @ FSshoptillyoudrop section :wink:

have a great time msmartimar :flower:

I would suggest CdG Red Shop and CdG Parfums shop, too.
IUNX is also must:-)

Don't forget bazaars. You are so lucky, 20 days:-) in Paris.

Originally posted by nqth@Jun 18th, 2004 - 2:45 pm
I would suggest and CdG Parfums shop, too.
IUNX is also must:-)

Don't forget bazaars. You are so lucky, 20 days:-) in Paris.
CdG Red Shop is on Faubourg Saint Honore and the perfume shop just off the same street..

i also forgot the Maison Martin Margiela shop, on the left hand side street of the Palais Royal.. and VERY easy to miss

also, try grabbing an issue of Nova magazine,
(think local time-out) has the best listings :wink:

don't forget the left bank - around St Sulpice is so lovely. great people watching there too!

Centre Georges Pompidou and the Luxemburg Gardens :heart:

Originally posted by Lena@Jun 17th, 2004 - 6:30 pm
the Marais is also a great fun area with lots of new boutiques and cafes
2nd! I love Marais.

i will be going to :heart: paris:heart: in july so i jus wanted to bump this thread up for anyone who has ideas of places to go and things to do!

or things that simply must be done in paris!

all info and hints would be very greatful:flower:

and not to forget all the great areas for shops!

Last edited by a moderator:
if you speak french try fnac.com for spectacles - its hard to navigate but be patient. If you get a chance to see sth at the Opera Garnier then go...its beautiful.

also if you fancy sth 'spooky' go to Les Catacombes de Paris - a series of underground chambers where skeletons were buried when the Parisian cemeteries overflowed (awsome) - Metro Denfert Rochereau.

Sth glam - drinks at Hotel Costes (but at £10 a drink c'est cher).

Serious fashion - try L'eclaireur on Rue Herold. Prepare to be awe struck by the prices.

For second hand Chanel suits - Reciproque - in the 16th - Metro Trocadero I think.

Freaky art- Palais de Tokyo.

A hint of africa - Chateau Rouge (although watch yourself as it can be sligthly dodgy).

Trendy bars - Bastille - Rue de Lappe or Rue Oberkampf.

Great mint tea - Le Mosquee de Paris in the restau there - the mosque is cool too.

antiques - rue de Bac behind le Bon Marche or the Marche aux puces at Clignacourt.

Turkish baths - Les Bains du Marais (in the Marais - there's a website if you google search) - not for those of mosest sensibility.

hot chocolate - Angelina's on Rue de Rivoli

macaroons - laduree near la Madeleine

churches - any of them are amazing really but Notre Dame is still one of the best as is Sainte Chapelle

more spooks - La Conciergerie - where Marie Antoinette was imprisoned before they cut her head off.

hope you have a great time.

what is this doing in designers and collections?..:unsure:

seems like it belongs in the favourites or something...

yes i didn't notice that - I'll move it....

Jardin de Tuileries is another suggestion. Palais de Tokyo as well. Shops....depends on your taste,really as there are loads of places to suit any niche in the world. I plan to visit Shine,Kokon To Zai,Maria Luisa(maybe Mixté,particularly)...and the mother of all them...Colette...if only just for the experience.

Btw,I'm going to be staying in the Marais district whilst there,myself,Faust & Lena.

hanne I have put it in favorites since its notjust about shopping. is that ok?

Isn't that where McQueen held his A/W 02 show,Helena...La Conciergerie??

probaby scott - its his kind of place I suspect. when are you going to paris then?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->