TSE F/W 08.09 New York

Scott

Stitch:the Hand
Reaction score
nothing according to the article actually indicates that this was done by tess. it does mention the fact that she left but not something she had actually worked on.

NEW YORK, February 5, 2008 – Ghost Army, the title of TSE's Fall collection, refers to the unusual top-secret military unit founded during World War II. Counting the likes of Bill Blass and Ellsworth Kelly among their ranks, these troops used artistry, props (inflatable tanks, for example), and sound effects to distract the Germans' attention from the movements of the combat battalions.

Ironically, there was more than one ghost in the room, as Tess Giberson, who designed the clothes, left the company shortly before fashion week. The collection was shown in presentation format, and there were no signs but that it had been well thought out and created with care. Fur was introduced for the first time in the form of alpaca, and was used on its own or with knitwear. An abstract camouflage print was the most obvious nod to the theme. The military-style toppers relate not only to the current season, but are also in keeping with what Giberson developed over her time at TSE.

– Laird Borrelli-Persson

00010m.jpg
00020m.jpg

00030m.jpg
00040m.jpg

00050m.jpg
00060m.jpg

*style.com

forgive me,i skimmed over the bit that she did indeed design the collection.

i love it. for me,it's up there with the one she did inspired by medievel costume.

It's her collection. But not her choice of colors or styling. In fact, a lot of this was changed post her departure. This presentation had nothing to do with Tess.

well,that's a bit insulting. design a collection of your own inspiration and idea just to have that work changed conceptually in the end. would've been nice to see a collection as a strong departure for her. could've been even more dynamic.

however....its still lovely though.

Thanks for the info Scott & Yonaton...

I knew the styling and coloring could not be the work of Tess. Her aesthetic and overall presentations tend to be of the understated, ethereal albeit brawny variety... :heart:
Something about those colors does my head in, honestly... :ermm:

While there are some cool pieces in the lot - I find it underwhelming as a whole, esp. after last season's stunner.

I wonder what will become of TSE... it was was becoming stronger and stronger each season - in all aspects... :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree... But, I can't wait for her to start her own line again.

What a wondeful collection. It's a shame Tess left though.

I like the 3rd look very much. Overall, I think this is a pretty good collection.

i dunno if it will be doomed...perhaps away from the spotlight as it did after chalayan left. of course,i dunno anybody else who can do to TSE what hussein and tess have done so poetically. maybe branquinho or a.f. vandevorst,but that's highly unlikely. so i dunno where their interests will lead them in search for another talent.

but in spite of the disappointment of tess' spirit not being felt wholeheartedly,i am incredibly anxious for next season for tess.

thank you for the pictures Scott!! I love this, I keep going back to the outfit in post #3, the olive skirt with vest and blue blouse .... I want the whole thing! Although I'm unsure of the yeti like coats.

wheneveriwakeup

You have to remember, it is underwhelming as a whole because they styled it with basics that Tess would never put in the show. After she left they took away the important show pieces, and created a more basic collection for Department stores. So imagine what "Ghost Army" would look like with the real collection and show........

ah, showroom.. I see now why it took so long to come out. I was going nuts last night. :lol:

.. very lovely.. the theme alone gives her extra points but every single piece has potential and is definitely bound to look even better separately.. the execution of the show seems slightly rushed, though, just judging by the amount of looks really.. but that would be my only non-complain here.. sweet last stroke for a departure. :heart:

I really like it, especially the outfit that tourist mentioned. :blush::heart:
I actually find the colors very appealing...

It's a shame to hear that this isn't exactly how she envisioned the collection, but I'm glad we'll have a bit more of her work before she departs TSE.

Excited and anxious for what she does next!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->