Tv Show - What Not To Wear

Discussion in 'the Entertainment Spot' started by meister122, Sep 25, 2004.

1. meister122

meister122 New Member

What does everyone think about TLC's makeover show "What Not to Wear"? Personally, I love it. They take complete fashion victims and make them look amazing. You can never predict how gorgeous the people become by the end. Tonight's episode was really good. The poor lady featured was totally lost in grannie and granola hippy fashions and they really turned her into a sophisticated siren.

2. lady_scandalous

lady_scandalous New Member

3. meister122

meister122 New Member

I know I'm jumping ahead of myself but this topic also begs the question US or British version? Personally, I have never seen the British version since I don't have BBC America, but it is the original so...

4. Alejandro

Alejandro & R.V

I think this american version is stupid, they have no style and their attitude suck.

5. meister122

meister122 New Member

really? I quite like it, though I've never seen the British version so I have nothing to compare it to.

6. Bonchic

Bonchic New Member

I love that show! lol! I'm glad Clinton took the place of the old guy I couldn't stand him I mean he looked/dressed like someone off the street and was telling people they looked bad.. Sometimes Stacey gets on my nerves :doh: I've seen the "orignal" what not to wear on BBC and it's good 2 ladies and one is kinda short and a little heavy and then the other is tall and skinny.. But sometimes they wear weird clothes :blink:

7. tgp

tgp New Member

I like it, but I have seen the Britiush one as well and love it even more.

8. hollyslookingdry

hollyslookingdry New Member

I watch it from time to time. They usually do a pretty good job making people over. I've seen the British ladies too and they drive me absolutely BATTY! I hate them/it. The American hosts are cool though.

9. ahhGucci

ahhGucci Active Member

British version is better, of course.

10. TheSoCalledPrep

TheSoCalledPrep New Member

I have never seen it, but I hate the ads in magazines...

11. Meg

Meg inspired contemplation

I LOVE what not to wear. I actually think it's better than the british version and not just because it's a more polished show. You can really see in some of the show how fashion and dressing better completely transforms peoples lives and their attitudes which I think it amazing.

12. SCBlondie

SCBlondie New Member

The commercial for it gets on my nerves, so I can't watch it.

13. meister122

meister122 New Member

That is so the best part. It is so inspiring.

14. softgrey

softgrey flaunt the imperfection

i've seen both and try to avoid them if possible...
    completel waste of time... imo... :wacko:

15. Nemova

Nemova -

:clap: definitely. I find it a bit educational also. I mean, if you have any doubts about how to wear something you saw on the catwalk or on the magazines, you can turn to their highly professional non-personal advice.

16. As You Like It

As You Like It Proponent of Plaid

I've never seen the show, but the very idea of it offends me. The fact that these people are "volunteered" for the show by their "friends" seems unnecessarily cruel. Also, I embrace the general idea of "certain shapes and colors look best on certain figures and complexions," but I could never have somebody going through my closet, then dragging me out shopping. Possibly because I suspect those harpies would try to throw away damn near everything I own, then kit me out in all sorts of horrid prep-wear that I'd then have to throw away in turn.

I've seen some of the before-and-afters and read synopsis of the show before, and I think they are awfully hard on personal style and tend to turn peas out of a pod, when all is said and done.

17. PrinceOfCats

PrinceOfCats Naturellement pulpeuse

The British version - a pair of horsie psychopathically-self-confident upper-class harpies prey on insecure women.

18. tealady

tealady New Member

I wonder how many people they approach drop their "friends" completely when they hear they've been volunteered... :innocent:

19. Bonchic

Bonchic New Member

omg ya'll my mom is going to enter her friend! I'll tell ya'll if it gets excepted!

20. Meg

Meg inspired contemplation

I understand your point michelle however I think some people who work in a professional setting don't realize how much their personal appearance comes into play and that it can be holding them back careerwise. Should that be the way it is? no, but it is that way. Also I think that for the most part clinton and stacey take into account people's personal style. It's not uber prep.